Analyzing the Victories
- Cable's kudo strength continues to grow. Barker, Andrew // Daily Variety;8/13/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 29, pA1
The article discusses various issues concerning Emmy Awards' decision to accept drama nominations from cable television networks in the U.S. It cites the five out of seven nominees for the 2009 awards, which left the industry's executives and critics to wonder if broadcast network televisions...
- Cable's connected. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/18/2008, Vol. 405 Issue 37, p1
The article reports that three cable networks, American Movie Classics Co. (AMC), FX and Showtime Networks Inc., made their debut among the nominees in the top fields at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards. It informs that the networks also broke their previous Emmy nomination records. AMC's period...
- 'Explorer' blazes trail at News-Docu Emmy noms. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/15/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 26, p8
MSNBC cable television network's "National Geographic Explorer" leads the list of nominees for the 24th annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards with a total of 12 bids. The dozen nominations for MSNBC's "Explorer" marks the third consecutive year that the National Geographic-branded docudrama...
- EMMYS ALOFT WITH 'ANGELS' Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;7/16/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the nominations received by HBO cable TV network for the 2004 Emmy Awards in the U.S. Identification of TV shows in the network that are nominated for the awards; Introduction of a reality competition category at the Emmys; Views of people in the TV industry regarding the celebration.
- CABLER'S BROAD STROKES. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/16/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 9, p1
Looks into HBO cable TV network for the Emmy Awards 2004 in the U.S. Number of nominations received by the cable TV network; Identification of TV programs that are nominated; Views of people in the TV industry regarding these TV shows.
- Emmy Gets Down To Business. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 49, p39
This article discusses the Emmy awards for Business and Financial Reporting that were handed out by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. CBS, CNN, and NBC each received two awards while PBS got one. CBS recipients were the "60 Minutes" report "Oil Sands." and "CBS Sunday...
- Repeat champs an Emmy rarity. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;8/13/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 29, pA3
The article offers information on the television drama series shown in cable television networks which have been nominated to the 2009 Emmy Awards in the U.S. It notes Home Box Office Inc.'s "Big Love," and relates drama-actress winner Glenn Close's "Damages." It also notes Bryan Cranston's...
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p8
Presents news briefs on issues related to cable television networks in the U.S. as of July 2004. Statement issued by Fox Entertainment president Gail Berman with regard to the accusations of rival networks on alleged imitation of reality shows; Scheduled release of the television program...
- HBO, CBS snag top TCA noms. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;06/04/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the nominations received by Home Box Office network and CBS for the 17th annual Television Critics Association Awards in the United States.