Passing the Baton
- Cablevision, charter revel in growth. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p16
Reports growth of the cable-modem business of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the United States. Percentage increase in cable-modem sales; Role of The Wiz stores in the retail campaign of the company; Growth in company subscribers; Importance of wireless licenses owned by the company; Plans to...
- Cablevision fires 23 employees for 'refusing to work'. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;2/7/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the dismissal of 23 Cablevision Systems Corp. workers from Brooklyn, New York City for refusing to work after several requests to return to their jobs.
- The Kings of Queens...AND MANHATTAN, BROOKLYN, THE BRONX AND STATEN ISLAND. Berelowitz, Marian // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR34
Deals with the success of Cablevision Systems Corp. in plotting cable coup in New York. Cablevision's programming channels; Entertainment and sports properties; Self-install cable modems and other broadband services in the company.
- Cablevision taps video vet Yapp. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/18/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the appointment of Jeffrey Yapp, former president and chief executive officer of Hollywood Video, as group president at the retailing division of Cablevision Systems Corp. Job responsibilities; Executive to work closely with Yapp; Career highlights.
- AT PRESS TIME. // Electronic Media;12/31/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p1
Reports the work force reduction of Cablevision Systems Corporation in the United States. Estimate on the number of households served by the company; Elimination of hundreds of full-time jobs; Costs for employee severance and facility realignment.
- James Dolan, chief executive officer, Cablevision... // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p48
Focuses on James Dolan, chief executive officer of Cablevision Systems. Views of analyst about the purchase of Cablevision Systems; Comments from Dolan on this issue; Plans by Dolan to upgrade company's facilities to 750 megahertz; Comments from Dolan; Background information on Dolan.
- Cablevision names co-presidents. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/08/98, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p48
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corporation has appointed Joseph Azznara as president of telecommunications services and Mike Bair as president of product management and marketing. Responsibilities of Azznara and Bair; Significance of the company's move; Business background of Cablevision.
- Rutledge to head Cablevision's N.Y. ops. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;1/4/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 24, p6
Announces the appointment of Tom Rutledge as president of Cablevision in the New York metropolitan area. Job responsibilities; Career history.
- Cablevision groups N.Y.-area assets in new unit. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p40
Reports on the appointment of Joseph Azznara as president of a division of Cablevision Systems Corp. Career history; Achievements; Responsibilities in the company.