Bull- Headed Mavericks
- Dolans Giving Cablevision More Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p80
The article reports that Chief Executive Officer James Dolan of the Cablevision Systems Corp. and his relatives have again extended the deadline for the company to approve its funding commitment agreements tied to the $7.9 billion dollars bid by the family to take the cable company private. This...
- Cable Consorts. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Chairman Chuck Dolan, President-Chief Executive Officer (CEO) James Dolan and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Tom Rutledge were seen leaving the headquarter of Time Warner at Manhattan in New York City. There are speculations that there is a big deal...
- Cablevision Steps to Its Own Drummer. Paskowski, Marianne; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p1
Interviews Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Chuck Dolan and chief executive officer Jim Dolan concerning the company's choice of Sony Corp of America as supplier for its digital set-top boxes. Difference between digital boxes and digital strategy; Assumption on suppliers' showing of greater...
- Vertical hold. Jessell, Harry; Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;03/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p22
Presents an interview with Cablevision Systems Corp. Chairman Chuck Dolan and his son Cablevision President James Dolan. Company's expansion of its business operations; Expansion strategy's impact on the company's management and capital; Background on the company's acquisitions.
- Dolan's Doldrums. Bürgi, Michael // MediaWeek;4/4/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p26
Comments on the challenges faced by Cablevision Systems Corp. and its CEO James Dolan. Contention between Dolan and his father Chuck over the Voom high-definition satellite operation; Information on a dispute between Cablevision and Time Warner Cable; Plan of the New York Jets to build a...
- Cablevision Missteps Again. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/25/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 38, p5
This article discusses Cablevision Systems, which has reportedly been backdating stock options to executive employees who have passed away. Further reports have suggested that Cablevision has granted $89 million dollars to executives that have not been reported to company investors. Wall Street...
- Cablevision chaos. McClintock, Pamela; Goldsmith, Jill; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/31/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 66, p1
Reports on developments concerning Cablevision as of March 31, 2005. Speculation that Cablevision may make a midnight run for Adelphia and that maverick founder Charles Dolan could betray his own company and bolt for the satcasting business; Cablevision chief operating officer Tom Rutledge's...
- The son also rises. Estess, Patricia Schiff // Entrepreneur;Mar1994, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p72
Focuses on father-son business relationships. Reasons of sons for joining the family business; Fathers' responsibilities in handling the family business; Tips for sons in making business relationship with their fathers work. INSET: Relatively speaking, by P.S.E..
- James Dolan rises through the ranks. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/26/96 Supplement CEO Yearbook, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p10
Profiles James Dolan, chief executive officer of the Cablevision Systems Corp. Academic background; Career history; Dolan's responsibility for all Cablevision's business units; Dolan's business ethics.