Plotting The Growth
- Cablevision's New Visionaries. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 18, p6
Interviews Tom Rutledge, COO of Cablevision Systems, and Cablevision president John Bickham on the cable television business. Opinion of Bickham on how Cablevision will differ from Time Warner Cable; Views of Rutledge on the company's base business; Biggest task for the company to grow its...
- Tracking the Perfect Storm. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p48
The article presents an interview with Cablevision Systems chief operating officer Tom Rutledge and cable and communications president John Bickham. They comment on the impact of Verizon's FiOS voice, video and data service on the Cablevision. Rutledge and Bickham also discuss the addition of...
- Rutledge Rises, Bickham Boards. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/3/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p120
Deals with the appointments of Tom Rutledge and John Bickham at Cablevision Systems Corp. Discussion on Rutledge's role in rebuilding the cable business of the company; Career background of Bickham in Time Warner Cable; Details of the appointment of other executives at Time Warner as a result...
- Newsday to charge for online news. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/6/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p10A
The article announces that "Newsday," considered as the only daily newspaper of Long Island, New York, has decided to charge readers who will access to its news online. Cablevision chief operating officer (COO) Tom Rutledge shares that the decision's goal is to use their electronic assets and...
- Rutledge: Looking to Cable's Future. // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, Special Section p4
The article profiles Tom Rutledge, chief operating officer (COO) of Cablevision Systems Corp. It elucidates that Rutledge has supervised the media company by thrusting an intensive and competitive environment. In addition, he has assisted the whole cable industry and turned it into diverse business.
- Sundance deal draws top dollar. HAYES, DADE; DEMPSEY, JOHN // Daily Variety;5/8/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 24, p1
The article highlights the purchase by Cablevision's Rainbow Media of Sundance Channel for $496 million. Presumably, the deal has been conceived out of Rainbow's long-term goal to fold IFC Network and Sundance together. As a result of the deal, Sundance comes to meet its fifth owner in the past...
- Former TWC Exec Rutledge Resurfaces at Cablevision. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Reports the appointment of former Time Warner Cable executive Tom Rutledge as president of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the United States. Impact of the hiring of Rutledge on the operation of Cablevision; Confidence of analysts on the capabilities of Rutledge; Job responsibilities of the...
- 'The Coolest Job in Cable.' Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p44
Profiles Tom Rutledge, president of Cablevision Systems Corp. Career background of Rutledge; Responsibilities of Rutledge; Plans of Rutledge for the company.
- Rutledge gets a new home. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2001, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the hiring of Tom Rutledge to take charge of Cablevision Systems Corp. cable operation in New York, New York. Career background of Rutledge; Job responsibility in Cablevision; Excitement of Rutledge to work in Cablevision.