Cablevision's Banner Year
- Cable Keeps Crankin' in Q2. Farrell, Mike; Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p2
The article reports that cable operators have recorded stable and robust earnings for the second quarter in 2010. It notes that Cablevisions Systems Corp. has continued to lead in the cable operators market with an impressive income of 1.4 billion dollars. It adds that chief operating officer...
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;10/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 200, p2
Presents news and events in the cable industry as of October 2005. Task of Oxygen's Gerry Laybourne and Cablevision's Tom Rutledge at the 2006 National Show in Atlanta; Georgia; Host of The Southern CA Chapter of LEA Awards of WICT; Plan of NCTA to issue a call for technical papers.
- Facing Increased Competition, Cablevision Sheds 68K Subscriptions. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p2
The article informs that Cablevision Systems Corp., American cable television company, had shedded 37,000 basic-video customers and has struggled with increased competition and its own past success in the third quarter of 2013.
- Tracking the Perfect Storm. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p48
The article presents an interview with Cablevision Systems chief operating officer Tom Rutledge and cable and communications president John Bickham. They comment on the impact of Verizon's FiOS voice, video and data service on the Cablevision. Rutledge and Bickham also discuss the addition of...
- The Rutledge Return. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p28
The author shares his views on how chief operating officer Tom Rutledge has boosted the return on investment of Cablevision Systems in the U.S. The company's digital video, high-speed Internet and digital voice services have high penetration rates. Pushing all three services in a bundle has led...
- Rutledge: Looking to Cable's Future. // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, Special Section p4
The article profiles Tom Rutledge, chief operating officer (COO) of Cablevision Systems Corp. It elucidates that Rutledge has supervised the media company by thrusting an intensive and competitive environment. In addition, he has assisted the whole cable industry and turned it into diverse business.
- MSO OF THE YEAR: Cablevision. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p6
The article offers information on Cablevision Systems Corp., which received the multiple system operator (MSO) award for 2010 from "CableFAX: The Magazine."
- REGIONAL PORTFOLIO. Mansell, John // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the decision of cable television operators in the U.S. to build a regional portfolio to be able to face the battle with national sports networks over licensing fees as of October 2003. Significance of regional portfolio to Comcast; Plan of Comcast to buy out Cablevision's networks in...
- Cablevision Shares Rise on Report. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p27
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. shares edged up after the cable operator reported strong fourth-quarter results in the U.S. Cablevision's fourth-quarter consolidated net revenue was $1.84 billion compared with $1.66 billion for the same period in 2006. The company added 1,000...