ADVERTISING & MARKETING BRIEFS
- Comcast Grows to 10 Ad-Sales Interconnects. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p61
Reports that United States cable television operator Comcast Corp. is growing its advertising-sales interconnects. Comments from advertising sales executive Roger Sverdlik.
- MTV unveils terrestrial ads for digital service. Yates, Karen // Campaign (UK);05/07/99, Issue 18, p9
Focuses on Music Television's launching of its terrestrial television campaign. Television commercials for MTV Networks' digital music package; Campaign team members; Challenge of communicating the cultural catchet and diversity of music video on the channels.
- Last Stand: INDIE REP FIRMS ON SHAKY GROUND. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, Special Report p30
The article examines the decline of several independent cable advertising agencies in the U.S. Comcast Corp. will acquire Love Communications Inc. founded by James Love III. Cable TV Advertising Associates was forced to downsize its business as a result of the decision of cable television owners...
- Cable Upfront Market Posting Small CPM Gains. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;7/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the market condition of the cable upfront advertising industry in the U.S. as of July 2005. Percentage of business completed by the industry; Financial performance of MTV Networks.
- Battle-Scarred But Ready to Do Battle. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the efforts of the Sacramento, California division of Comcast Corp. to improve its cable subscriber base. Information on the subscriber losses of Comcast in the Sacramento area in 2002 due to direct broadcast satellite services; Plans of regional vice president Ruth Blank for the...
- NICK GETS READY FOR A 'WILD' UPFRONT RIDE. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;3/7/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p3
The article examines marketing of cable television advertising by the cable television broadcasting company Nickelodeon, which presents children's television programs and is owned by MTV Networks, during the so-called upfront advanced sales period for the 2011-2012 television season.
- Ad Target: Baltimore. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p49
The article discusses a six-moth limited trial of a targeted-ad system by Comcast to 70,000 digital-cable households in the Baltimore, Maryland area. The system will deliver different ads to set-top boxes based on the demographic profile of subscribers. The targeted ads will appear on eight...
- Comcast Starting Infomercial Net. Tiegel, Eliot // Television Week;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the launch of TV101 infomercial channel by Comcast in cable systems in Los Angeles, California on March 29, 2004. Significance of the channel to local entrepreneurs; Cost of placing infomercials in the channel; Types of local businesses targeted by the channel.
- Comcast's Digital Strategy: Make 'Em Laugh. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p34
Reports that Comcast Corp. has created an impressive collection of 30-second television ad spots in an effort to educate subscribers about digital cable's varied benefits. Features of the TV spots; Secret to getting the benefits across in a short spot; Ad agency that produced the spots.