A Campaign Draped In Red, White and Blue
- Media: IN BRIEF. // Marketing Week;10/11/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p14
The article offers news briefs relating to the mass media. ZenithOptimedia has backed out from CocaCola's Â£40 million media planning and buying review due to a potential international conflict. Ofcom has started its two-month consultation into BSkyB's bid to launch a pared-down pay-TV service...
- US Discovery rival unveils campaign for Sky launch. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week;10/27/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the move of PBS UK to launch a marketing campaign that aims to promote its quality positioning in Great Britain.
- WORLD FEEVEE REVS RISING. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;6/14/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 50, p8
The article reports that the revenues for pay television (TV) have reached 155 billion dollars in 2010 from 124 billion dollars in 2006, according to the Digital TV World Databook.
- TiVo launches endeavor to double its subscriber base. Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;8/9/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 32, p2
Reports on the marketing efforts unveiled by TiVo in August 2004 aimed at doubling its subscription base. Value of the company's advertising campaign; Comments from Susan Cashen, vice-president of marketing at TiVo; Information on the consumers of TiVo.
- The inside scoop on Pay to Click ad campaigns. Macri, Patrick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/11/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 18, p14A
The article offers insights concerning the sense of simplicity and immediacy of the company's pay per click campaigns. It is advised to establish concrete goals with specific numbers and percentage increases. The understanding of the market and competition is for pay per click campaigns, thus...
- Scottish football row wrecks pitch. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;4/11/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p11
Reports the collapse of the plans of the Scottish Premier League to launch a subscription channel in Great Britain. Amount intended for advertising campaign; Scope of the marketing deal; Views of the teams on the subscription channel plan.
- Pay TV overpowers Midia `98. Hopewell, John; Ochoa, Christina // Variety;06/22/98, Vol. 371 Issue 7, p29
Reports that pay television fell over the third edition of Midia 1998, a Latin American film and television market held in Madrid on June 18, 1998. Challenges faced by Midia; Participants in the market; Explosion of cable and satellite television in Spain and Latin America.
- Marketing war for the code cubes. Bulbeck, Pip // BRW;8/14/95, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p83
Reports on the marketing of electronic broadband decoders or set-top boxes in Australia. Functions; Estimated landed cost to the pay television industry of set-top units; Foxtel's development of digital set-tops; Australian telecommunication Industry Association's call for development guides...
- Opening a new window. Dempsey, John // Variety;8/05/96, Vol. 364 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on film distributors' use of pay-cable television to premiere their movies before launching them onto the bigscreen. Title of movies that premiered through pay-cable television.