Sharper Images, Softer Leverage
- RUSH HD. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/4/2008 Guide to HD TV Programming, Vol. 23, p14
The article focuses on Rush HD, the first-ever high-definition television channel in the U.S. that is dedicated to adventure sports. It states that the channel is available on Cablevision's iO digital cable service. An overview of the channel's signature programming is offered. The channel was...
- PIcking Up Steam. Stump, Matt // Broadcasting & Cable;9/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 38, pS8
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) programs launched by operators in the U.S. cable industry. Households served with HDTV services; Goal of the HDTV program; HDTV service introduced by Comcast.
- Simplify the HD Message. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 23, p48
The article author is of the view that cable operators should simplify the process of high definition television (HDTV) for viewers so that they are motivated to buy HDTV sets. There are a number of good signs that HDTV could finally get the self-sustaining momentum it needs. But, like the...
- HD production in Europe. Radlo, Nick // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p24
The article looks at the demand for high definition (HD) program content in Europe. In production, HD television (TV) is already a reality, with many programs being shot in HD. It observes the move of cable TV to launch HD services. The article also notes that rock and pop concerts are...
- Indies Look to Impress. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p70
The article provides information on the cable television market opportunities for the companies to introduce innovative techniques in television broadcasting. It describes the innovative techniques to be used by television broadcasting companies including high-definition, and three-dimensional...
- What's On HDTV And Where to Get It. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Oct2003, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p99
Presents information on the television stations in the U.S. that broadcast their programs in high definition television (HDTV). Schedules of programs in HDTV; Cable and satellite channels in HDTV; Local broadcasters of HDTV.
- hdtv basics. Gaughn, Michael // Sound & Vision;May2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p74
Presents information on high-definition TV (HDTV). Factors to consider in choosing HDTV; Formats used in broadcasting digital TV programs; Types of HDTV.
- CABLE & SATELLITE. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p66
Presents an update on several cable and satellite high-definition television programs in the U.S. as of June 2003. HBO-HDTV; Discovery HD Theater; ESPN HD.
- HDTV watch. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Sep2003, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
Presents updates on high definition television broadcasting in the United States as of September 2003. Proposal of Fox Network to deliver its prime-time program on high definition format; Television program of Discovery HD Theater;