Striking New Media Chords
- MTV PUTS TWANG IN ONLINE PUSH. Hibberd, James // Television Week;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the addition of Country Music Television's Loaded in the broadband channels of MTV Networks (MTVN) in the U.S. in 2006. According to MTVN chief digital officer Jason Hirschhorn, the company has been trying to define itself on the Internet in the past couple of years....
- MTV FIRES UP BRANDING IRON FOR CABLE. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/27/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 63, p4
Reports the decision of MTV Networks to add four cable networks. Benefit of the decision to cable operators; Reasons for adding cable networks; Plan of MTV to sell commercial within the digital networks.
- NEW SERVICES. // Music Week;4/2/2011, Issue 13, p12
The article offers brief information on the Hive and the Pepsi Music Index services offered by MTV Networks.
- New acts emerge as MTV plugs into live showcases. Benzine, Adam // Music Week;4/23/2005, Issue 17, p8
Reports on the incorporation of live music in the core programming of MTV Networks in Great Britain. Commitment to spearhead new music; Sponsorship of new music groups; Revival of its annual Spanking New Music Week. INSET: Cranking it up for Spanking events.
- you.tv. // Diva;Dec2006, Issue 127, p73
The article features the MTV Flux, a new television channel which is considered as social networking services of MTV Networks in Great Britain. It has multimedia system which is characterized with a genuinely radical lesbian-controlled music channel in the region. MTV flux is genuinely radical...
- Can MTV Get Its Groove Back? Weprin, Alex; Atkinson, Claire // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the efforts rendered by the Music Television (MTV) in retaining its popularity in the U.S. Accordingly, MTV was one of the most popular television programs not only in the country but in other nations and cites that this program was popular among the young adults. However,...
- Music Pitches To Niches. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p35
The author reflects on the need for synergistic approach to music industry networks. He believes that such approach is an opportunity for service providers due to a demand for interactive videos, because music fanatics are found to have enjoyed only audio services rather than video content. He...
- Music Video Audience Migrates To Web. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;11/5/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 45, p18
This article reports on the plan of Yahoo to launch music video services in the U.S. on November 1, 2005. The company will launch two music video services. One will feature the online debut of a different music video each weekday. The videos will be available online at Yahoo exclusively for 24...
- Hitting The Right Groove. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p34
The article reports on the competition among music programmers in the adoption of broadband service in music programming in the U.S. Despite such competition, cable operators and telecommunications industries are willing to take the risk because they believe that experimentation and risks are...