- The other reality. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;7/23/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 31, p20
Focuses on the effects of television show reruns on television network revenues. Use of the economic models in producing low-cost programs; Accounts on the performance of several television series; Importance of advertising on the television industry.
- Sweep Dreams. Flynn, Gillian // Entertainment Weekly;11/05/99, Issue 511, p12
Lists several movies and special programs to be shown in television in the United States for the month of November 1999.
- Television viewing remains stable. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;11/16/2001, p5
Reports on the effect of pay TV and specialty services on conventional television broadcasting in Canada. Decline in audience share for conventional local and foreign television stations; Popularity of types of programming; Comparison of viewing preferences of francophones and anglophones.
- Deals fly as Discop closes. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/23/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 55, p10
Information about the Discop event in Budapest, Hungary is presented. Buyers of television programs from Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and Israel took part in the event. Cecilia Hazai, managing director of Twin Media, observes that the channels offered specialized programs at the event....
- Series Sweep Aside Stunts. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;11/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p1
Reports that television networks preferred scheduled television shows over specials for the November 2004 sweeps. Ratings of the networks for the six weeks leading up to the sweeps; Background on the profile of each network's goals and strategy for making a mark with viewers during the period;...
- What sweeps special reports worked well for your station? Matheny, Luke // Electronic Media;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p9
Presents response of television station executives in the United States on what special reports done by their station received a good rating. `Sacred Calling' from KVVU in Las Vegas, Nevada; Special report on central Oregon in the '60s for KTVZ of Bend, Oregon; Profile of Barbara Sinatra aired...
- Sweeping up memories. Friedman, Wayne; Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;4/22/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the efforts of television networks to improve their May 2002 ratings. Idea that Viacom's CBS, General Electric Co.'s NBC, and Walt Disney Co.'s ABC are relying on nostalgia to improve their ratings; Details of the month-long series of specials and programs planned by NBC for its 75th...
- Here is what Sire Michael Lyons, Chairman of the BBC Trust, had to say about top slicing, in principle and in practice. // Intermedia (0309118X);Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p34
The author offers his thoughts on top splicing. He said that top splicing pertains to the suggestion which forwards that a part of each license fee should go to a body that would employ money to support public service content from broadcasters other than BBC in Great Britain. He also mentioned...
- Leap of faith. McLean, Thomas J. // Variety;1/10/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 8, pA7
Reports on the decision of the Broadcast Film Critics Association (BFCA) to telecast the Critics' Choice Awards in Warner Bros. Network (WB) in 2005. Reason behind the decision of BFCA to move the Critics' Choice Award from the cable television E! Entertainment to WB; List of awards shows that...