Dish Tweaks, Renews Alliance With SBC
- Telcos Try Video Again, This Time Via Satellite. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the partnerships that SBC Communications Inc. and Qwest Communications International Inc. forged with DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in July 2003. Views of industry analysts on the move of the telecommunication companies to partner with satellite companies; Business...
- Losing the middleman. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/26/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 9, p11
This article reports that with big telecommunications firms planning to launch their own video services, Wall Street observers have repeatedly predicted the end of joint sales agreements between them and satellite TV operators. Last week, industry watchers got one of the biggest and clearest...
- EchoStar family tier not retailer-friendly. Zeithchik, Steven // Daily Variety;2/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 24, p23
The article examines the stipulation in the new offering of EchoStar Communications Corp. with retailers in the U.S. The new offering focuses on children, news and educational programming. One of the provisions deducts 100 dollars from the 300 dollars retailers paid for selling the system to a...
- Pubcaster Arte ups its Euro initiatives. // Daily Variety;08/22/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 56, p13
Announces the plan of German/French pubcaster Arte to boost activities around Europe. Arte's alliances with other European pubcasters.
- EchoStar, Loral in DBS venture. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/22/98, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p58
Reports on the alliance of EchoStar Communications Corporation and Loral Skynet to deliver niche programming. Side effect of the alliance; Inclusion of the programming.
- Charter Hands the Ball to NFL Network. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the digital-carriage contract of NFL Network with Charter Communications Inc. as of January 2004. Estimate on the number of Charter subscribers; Statement issued by Adam Shaw, senior vice president of distribution at NFL Network, about the deal; Highlights of the deal.
- EchoStar beams local-into-local. Colman, Price; Albiniak, Paige; Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p3
States that in January 1998, EchoStar Communications Corporation beamed broadcast local signals into the markets of four of their affiliated broadcasting companies. What cities signals were broadcast in; Identity of other cities where local signals will be broadcast in February; Percentage of...
- EchoStar still trying to ink retrans deals. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the efforts of EchoStar Inc. to cut retransmission consent agreements. Deal signed with WFTC television station; Termination of delivery of four local signals in four markets.
- EchoStar sharpens ax for costly nest. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 50/51, p6
Reports on satellite broadcaster, EchoStar Communications Corp.'s plan to drop television channels that do not earn broadcasting profits. Reason behind EchoStar's plan; Other broadcasters that followed the programming policy of EchoStar.