Coming Soon: $359 DTV and Tuner
- Quiero displays Spanish DTT. Martins, Manuel // TVB Europe;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p84
Focuses on the venture of Quiero TV Consortium into digital terrestrial television in Spain. Companies that comprise the group; Information on the consortium's contract with SGT, a system integrator; Features of the Kaleido multi-image display system.
- DIGITAL TELEVISION: DVB-T and Dolby chosen by Singapore. // Image Technology;Jul/Aug1999, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the competition between two digital terrestrial television systems, the European-developed DVB-T and the U.S.-developed ATSC system. Proponents of each system are trying to encourage as many countries as possible to adopt their system. This is because the consequential...
- We Need to Talk... Vobbe, Frederick // TV Technology;Jul2015, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p4
A letter to the editor is presented about the need for the broadcasting industry to discuss issues related to the shift to digital television (DTV) format including transmitter supplier, transmitter design, and technical support.
- FEDS SET DIGITAL SUBSIDY. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;3/13/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the U.S. government's announcement of a subsidy program aimed at households that will be affected by the transition to all-digital broadcasting in 2009. The Commerce Department's National Telecommunications and Information Administration plans to offer $40 to all U.S....
- Ingest to playout digitisation at TSR. Mex, Claude // TVB Europe;Mar2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p36
The article focuses on the launch of the EQUIPRO project by TÃ©lÃ©vision Suisse Romande (TSR) in Geneva, Switzerland to ensure the integration of fully digitised production from ingest to playout. The integrated production system will create an integrated production network and have the...
- Digital TV has a grip in U.K. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;3/20/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 57, p20
The article reports on the survey conducted by Ofcom which has disclosed that Great Britain has led the world in the take-up of digital television, with nearly 70 percent of homes connected, followed by the U.S. Most of these connections are via digital terrestrial platform, Freeview, Sky, ITV...
- 21 Ã— 9 challenges. Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Oct2011, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p34
The article discusses aspects of 21 x 9 television (TV) display format that accommodates the 2.39:1 theater display of movies. It reports that the electronic market in 2011 offers digital TVs with pixel display format of 1920 x 1080 that proportions with the 16 x 9 or 1.78:1 TV display. It...
- DTT Set-Tops Are on the Rise, Despite Apathy. Kaufhold, Gerry // Electronic News;04/16/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p16
Deals with the popularity of digital terrestrial television set-top boxes in several countries. Impact of the trend on the semiconductor industry; Top manufacturers.
- Editorial. Iosifidis, Petros // International Journal of Digital Television;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the scheduling and continuity techniques in digital media, infrastructure for private television development in Great Britain, and the transition to digital television in Greece.