Ops In Rita's Path Get In Gear
- Avoiding Disaster Before It Strikes. Carrington, Christopher M. // Multichannel News;4/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p25
In this article, the author discusses the implications of hurricane forecasts towards among cable system operators in the U.S. He emphasizes the importance of reviewing the business-continuity and disaster-recovery plans of cable system operators. He highlights the significance of home-based,...
- Rita's Wrath: Cable Battens Down the Hatches. // CableFAX Daily;9/23/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 185, p1
The article reports on the preparation of cable companies for the possible damage of Hurricane Rita to cable services in Texas and Louisiana in September 2005. In this paper, the population of subscribers of Cox and Cable One in these two states is revealed. Moreover, the efforts of Time Warner...
- Newsweek cable pays $120 mil for cable systems. // Hollywood Reporter;8/9/95, Vol. 338 Issue 23, p7
Reports that Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications will sell three small cable systems to Newsweek Cable.
- Danger! Hurricane Coming. // Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the emergency management plans for hurricanes by coastal cities in the United States. Factors contributing to evacuation problems; Type of high-technology used; Use of regional coordination; Role of reverse laning of highways; Proposed alternatives for people unable or unwilling to...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Moss, Linda; Farrell, Mike; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p36
Presents an update on issues related to telecommunications in the U.S. as of May 15, 2006. Decision of Cox Communications Inc. to cancel its annual Inspirational Heroes Program to expand the program to honor local officials and civilians who performed extraordinary service during the...
- Sitting out a hurricane that won't leave. // Christian Science Monitor;9/29/98, Vol. 90 Issue 214, p4
Looks at how residents of the Gulf Coast in the United States prepared for Hurricane Georges in 1998. Concerns that the length of the hurricane would cause food supply problems for evacuation shelters; Comments from Hank Turk, civil defense director in Jackson County, Mississippi; Evacuations...
- Hurricane Georges tests Florida's preparations for weathering storms. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;9/25/98, Vol. 90 Issue 212, p3
Looks at how emergency personnel in Florida are preparing for hurricane Georges, a slow moving storm which has already devastated nations in the Caribbean like Antigua, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Haiti and Cuba. The mandatory evacuations called in the Florida Keys; When a major...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. to participate in World IPv6 Day on June 8, 2011 and the move of Cox Communications Inc. to launch its mobile phone and data services in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- THE SCREENGRAB. Rubino, Lindsay // Broadcasting & Cable;12/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 47, p4
The article offers information on the Yule Log, the technology adopters for cable operators in three dimensional television (3DTV) including Time Warner Cable Inc., Cox Communication Inc., and Comcast Corp.