WiMax Could Be Answer To DBS Broadband Need
- DBS battles Northpoint. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;05/01/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p20
Reports on Northpoint Technology's plan to offer wireless communication services on the frequency band used by satellite television broadcasters in the United States as of May 1, 2000. Satellite television companies DirecTV and EchoStar's opposition to Northpoint Technology's proposal.
- Somebody call a spectrum cop. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/01/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 19, p110
Editorial. Comments on United States-based Northpoint Technology's proposal to use direct satellite broadcast frequency spectrum to offer wireless services as of May 1, 2000. Satellite television companies DirecTV and EchoStar's opposition to the proposal.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;1/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the competition among direct broadcast satellite television service providers in the U.S. in 2006. Jason Bazinet of Citigroup stresses that voice over Internet telephony deployments of multiple service operators will increase the subscribers of EchoStar and DirecTV....
- EchoStar Invests In Broadband. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/03/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p3
Reports on United States-based satellite television company EchoStar's launch of its iSKY satellite-based broadband Internet service as of April 3, 2000. Features of the broadband Internet access; Company background.
- The glitter of DBS gold. Hancock, Amy E. // Satellite Communications;Apr2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p22
Looks at the transformation underwent by direct broadcast satellite industry. Information on EchoStar's OpenTV software; Service offered by DirecTV on the emerging information-on-demand market; Total number of satellite subscribers.
- Satellite Firms Continue To Add Local Services. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p18
Reports that DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. continued to expand their satellite television broadcasting services in the United States. List of television channels operated by the companies; Total number of American cities covered by the companies' satellite television...
- DBS Suppliers Hit Subscirber Records. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on record sales in the fourth quarter of 2000 for net subscriber additions for high-power direct-broadcast satellite operators in the United States. Number of new subscribers of EchoStar; Cumulative total DISH Network subscribers; Subscriber activations of DirecTV.
- DBS was hot in August. Hogan // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p34
Reports on the sales performance of United States-based satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. for August 1999. Increase in number of subscribers.
- DBS eyes record sales in 2000. Hogan // Multichannel News;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on developments related to the direct-broadcast satellite television industry in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Number of subscribers acquired by satellite television firms DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. in the year 1999; Companies' subscriber recruitment plans...