- 6- to 7-tonne GVW vehicles. // Commercial Motor;4/5/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5478, p32
The article offers information on the 7.5-tonner trucks from GVW Holdings Corp. in Great Britain. It mentions the popularity and increasing trend for these trucks than their six and seven-tonner counterparts. However, it cites its impending problem in dealing with payload when the emission...
- Eaton agrees to acquire Tractech Holdings. // Refrigerated Transporter;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p15
Reports that Eaton Corp. has reached agreement to purchase Tractech Holdings Inc., a global manufacturer of specialized differentials and clutch components for the commerical vehicle markets. Purchase price; Worth of Tractech's sales in 2004; Brief background of Tractech.
- GVW Holdings Completes Sale of Workhorse/Uptime Parts. // Fleet Equipment;Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p20
Announces the completion of the sale of GVW Holdings' two subsidiaries, Workhorse Custom Chassis LLC and Uptime Parts LLC to International Truck and Engine Corp. in the United States. Terms of the deal; Manufacture of truck and vehicle parts; Business strategies.
- Selecting a trailer: Wise buy$. Lee, B. // Horse & Rider;Aug89, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p50
Gives advice on selecting a horse trailer. Discusses many trailer features and options. Includes advice from John Schumacher, owner of Six Pine Ranch, Batesville, Ind.
- Air springs tension rubber tracks. // Machine Design;6/13/96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p55
Focuses on a rubber tracked trailer that spreads loads along crop rows in a long, narrow footprint without destroying roots.
- Longer semi-trailers: the likely compromise? // Motor Transport;12/3/2009, p1
The article reports that trailer manufacturer Don-Bur has said that the British government is unlikely to support longer, heavier vehicles (LHVs), and will instead allow longer semi-trailers.
- Corner that gooseneck! Savvy, Barn // Practical Horseman;Jan97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p114
Presents advise on the use of gooseneck trailers. Correct method to employ when making turns; List of safety measures to take when traveling with a gooseneck trailer; Instruction on how to make a full 360 degree turn. INSETS: Right turns.;Left turns.;An easy 360..
- Utility trailers. Kimber, R. // Country Journal;Sep88, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p55
Gives advice on purchasing a trailer. Features to check; Size; How to shop.
- Manufacturers ride trailer market ups, downs. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;7/29/96, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p28
Reports that demand fluctuations are an integral part of the American trailer business. Peak trailer demand in 1994 with 283,000 units shipped; Effect of country's economy on industry; Impact of just-in-time distribution methods on demand for more trailers.