A gatekeeper to hold back the tide?
- An Anti--Reflux Prosthesis in the Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux. Kozarek, Richard A.; Phelps, John E.; Sanowski, Robert A.; Grobe, James L.; Fredell, C. Herbert // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar83, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p310
Focuses on a study on the use of Angelchik anti-reflux prosthesis in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux. Information on the Angelchik anti-reflux prosthesis; Materials and methods; Results and discussion.
- MELATONIN FOR THE TREATMENT OF GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE. Werbach, Melvyn R. // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p54
The enterochromaffin cells of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract secrete 400 times as much melatonin as the pineal gland; therefore, it is not surprising that research is finding that this indole plays an important role in GI functioning. In animal studies, it protects against GI ulcerations, and...
- 2010 - Review: Laparoscopic fundoplication is better than medical management for some quality-of-life measures in GERD. Romero, Yvonne // ACP Journal Club;9/21/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p9
The article presents a study establishing whether the laparoscopic fundoplication surgery (LFS) is more effective than medical management for some quality-of-life measures recommended in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). According to the randomized controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in general practice. Dent, John; Jones, Roger; Kahrilas, Peter; Talley, Nicholas J // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/10/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7282, p344
Provides information on how to manage gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in general practice medicine. Analysis of symptoms and history is key to diagnosis; How clear endoscopic abnormalities are found in less than half of patients; Use of a proton pump inhibitor as the most effective manner by...
- "How I BEAT My Acid-Reflux Nightmare!". Burns, Ralph // Granite City Press-Record;10/12/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 76, pA3
The article discusses the effectiveness of AloeCure for the treatment of acid reflux.
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Should Be Initial Drug Therapy to Control Reflux. // Modern Medicine;Oct98, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p11
Discusses the abstract of the article `Consensus statement for management of gastroesophageal reflux disease: Result of a workshop meeting at Yale University School of Medicine, November 16 and 17, 1997,' by S.F. Moss, Arnold R. Tytgat GNJ et al, published in the July 1998 issue of the `Journal...
- MedSurg Minute. // MEDSURG Nursing;Aug99, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p256
Presents the steps in the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease, according to the International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Managing complicated GERD. Castell, Donald O.; Pennachio, Dorothy L. // Patient Care;8/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the management of patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Manifestations of the disease; Advances in diagnosis and therapy; Description of a typical case of complicated GERD; Treatment for the disease; Role of ablation in treating patients with Barrett's esophagus.
- Esophageal function testing using both liquid and viscous substances: provides greater potential to detect abnormalities. Tutuian, Radu; Castell, Donald O // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 98, pS19
An abstract of the article "Esophageal Function Testing Using Both Liquid and Viscous Substances: Provides Greater Potential to Detect Abnormalities," by Radu Tutuian, and Donald O. Castell is presented.