Multispecilic T cell response and negative HCV RNA tests during acute HCV infection are early prognostic factors of spontaneous clearance
- Sulkowski (J Infect Dis 2013; 207(suppl 1):S26—32). // Journal of Infectious Diseases;Jun2013, Vol. 207 Issue 12, p1940
A correction to the article "Current Management of Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Patients With HIV Co-infection," by Sulkowski in June 2013 issues is presented.
- Influence of CD4 Cell Counts on the Genetic Heterogeneity of Hepatitis C Virus in Patients Coinfected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Roque-Alfonso, Anne Marie; Robain, Mathieu; Simoneau, Danielle; Rodriguez-Mathieu, Patricia; Gigou, Michèle; Meyer, Laurence; Dussaix, Elisabeth // Journal of Infectious Diseases;3/15/2002, Vol. 185 Issue 6, p728
To study the effects of reduced CD4 T cell activity on hepatitis C virus (HCV) genetic heterogeneity, HCV quasi-species complexity and diversification over time were analyzed for 56 human immunodeficiency virus-coinfected patients. Patients were selected retrospectively from the French...
- Need more surveys. // Down to Earth;1/16/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p39
The article focuses on a research conducted by the U.S-based nonprofit organization I-MAK, which shows that 273,000 Indians could be infected with hepatitis C virus (HCV).
- The hepatitis C disaster. McGregor, Maurice // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/02/98, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p1461
Editorial. Presents the author's views on the Canadian government offering financial assistance to Canadians infected by the hepatitis C virus through the blood system between January 1, 1986 and July 1, 1990. Complex problem; The possible avoidance of some of the infections; The fairness of...
- Hepatitis C as medical misadventure. Hoey, John // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/02/98, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p1463
Editorial. Discusses the compensation package for Canadians that were infected with Hepatitis C virus from January 1, 1986 to July 1, 1990. New Zealand's medical compensation packages; Canada's compensation plans.
- Antigen specific cellular response in patients with Hepatitis C virus infection and its association with HLA alleles. // International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medi;Mar2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p273
An abstract of the article "Antigen specific cellular response in patients with Hepatitis C virus infection and its association with HLA alleles," by Chinmaya Mahapatra and Anuradha S Tripathy is presented.
- Infection with Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 4 Is Associated with a Poor Response to Interferon-Î±. Sherman, Morris; Marinos, George; Sedarati, Farhad // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/20/2001, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p927
Focuses on the response of patients infected with hepatitis C virus genotype 4 to interferon-alpha. Improvement in the initial and sustained virologic response during and after treatment with peginterferon-aplha2a; Normalization of the serum alanine aminotransferase concentrations; Increase of...
- Living with hepatitis C, multiple issues to face. Coudray, Mathilde; De Carvalho, Elisabete // Retrovirology;2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 9 Issue Supplment 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Living with hepatitis C, multiple issues to face," by Mathilde Coudray and Elisabete de Carvalho is presented.
- Kronik Hepatit C hastalarâ€ºnda Hepatit B enfeksiyonu ile karflâ€ºlaflma sâ€ºklâ€ºÂ¤â€º: Geriye dÃ¶nÃ¼k bir Ã§alâ€ºflma. Akca, Fatih; Semra Demir Akca, Ayşle; Aydemir, Selim; Aktun, Erol // Turkish Journal of Family Practice / TÃ¼rkiye Aile Hekimligi Der;oca-mar2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Objectives: To determine the immunization status against and the encounter rate with hepatitis B virus in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection. Methods: A total of 223 patients positive for anti-HCV were screened retrospectively using the computer based patient records between January 1,...