Increased intrahepatic cyclooxygenase 2, matrix metalloproteinase 2, and matrix metalloproteinase 9 expression is associated with progressive liver disease in chronic hepatitis C virus infection: role of viral core and NS5A proteins
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Phenotypically Distinct Huh7 Cell Lines. Sainz, Jr., Bruno; Barretto, Naina; Uprichard, Susan L. // PLoS ONE;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p1
In 2005, the first robust hepatitis C virus (HCV) infectious cell culture system was developed based on the HCV genotype 2a JFH-1 molecular clone and the human-derived hepatoma cell line Huh7. Although much effort has been made to dissect and expand the repertoire of JFH-1-derived clones, less...
- Three Broad Modalities in the Natural History of Vertically Acquired Hepatitis C Virus Infection. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/1/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p45
Background. Little is known about the natural history of vertically acquired hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. Methods. We performed a large, multicenter, prospective study of children born to HCV-infected women in Europe. Children were considered to be infected on the basis of â©¾2...
- Hepatitis C. Alper, Brian S.; Selius, Brian A. // Cortlandt Forum;7/25/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p59
Presents an overview of hepatitis C. Number of people infected by hepatitis C; Etiology of hepatitis C virus; Prognosis of patient with hepatitis C virus infection.
- Hepatitis C virus infection in patients and family members attending two primary care clinics in Puebla, Mexico. López-Colombo, Aurelio; Meléndez-Mena, Daniel; Sedeño-Monge, Virginia; Camacho-Hernández, Josó R.; Vázquez-Cruz, Eduardo; Morales-Hernández, Eduardo R.; Sosa-Jurado, Francisca; Márquez-Domínguez, Luis; Santos-López, Gerardo // Annals of Hepatology: Official Journal of the Mexican Associatio;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p746
Background. Approximately 180 million persons (~2.8%) globally are estimated to be infected by hepatitis C virus (HCV). HCV prevalence in Mexico has been estimated to be between 1.2 and 1.4%. The aim of present work was to determine the prevalence of HCV infection in patients and family members...
- ASSOCIATION OF HEPATITIS C VIRUS INFECTION TO NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMA: IS THE VOLCANO NEAR TO BURST?: A CASE CONTROL STUDY. SHAIKH, BASHIR AHMED; MUHAMMAD, SHAIKH KHALID; GURBAKHSHANI, KOURO MAL // Medical Channel;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p25
Introduction & Objectives: Limited data is available on association of HCV infection and NHL in Pakistan. This was a matter of particular interest. So, this study was conducted to determine the association between HCV infection and NHL. Duration & Design: This 2 year observational, case control...
- ASK DR ANDREW. Gibson, Donna // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);2/21/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p75
Provides information on the hepatitis C virus. Rate of the incidence of hepatitis among those infected by the virus; Ways to improve the chance of minimizing liver damage.
- Desperately seeking hepatitis C virus. Moreno-Otero, Ricardo; Tarantino, Giovanni; Lakatos, Peter L.; Nakajima, Hisato // World Journal of Gastroenterology;5/14/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p2946
Spanish investigators described recently the so-called occult hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, emphasizing the detection of genomic and antigenomic HCV RNA strands in liver and peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Therefore, the persistence of viral replication in occult HCV infection should be...
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Hepatitis C Virus: Which Is the Cart, and Which Is the Horse? Girón-González, José A.; Martinez-Sierra, Carmen; Arizcorreta, Ana; Díaz, Fernando // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p740
Informs about the evolution of liver disease in HIV-infected patients is influenced by the baseline CD4 cell count and the hepatitis C virus load. Relationship between the increase in CD4 cell count and the severity of the liver disease; Information about a study on the topic.
- Guidelines for the Treatment of Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Injection Drug Users: Status Quo in the European Union Countries. Reimer, Jens; Schulte, Bernd; Castells, Xavier; Schafer, Ingo; Polywka, Susanne; Hedrich, Dagmar; Wiessing, Lucas; Haasen, Christian; Backmund, Markus; Krausz, Michael // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/15/2005 Supplement, Vol. 40, pS373
Treatment guidelines are considered to be an important tool in steering patients to medical treatment. This study was conducted to analyze guidelines for the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in injection drug users (IDUs) in the European Union (EU) countries as a component of...