Bamboo trees in the stomach
- GivenÂ® Capsule Endoscopy in Celiac Disease: Evaluation of Diagnostic Accuracy and Interobserver Agreement. Petroniene, Rima; Dubcenco, Elena; Baker, Jeffrey P.; Ottaway, Clifford A.; Tang, Shou-Jiang; Zanati, Simon A.; Streutker, Cathy J.; Gardiner, Geoffrey W.; Warren, Ralph E.; Jeejeebhoy, Khursheed N. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2005, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p685
BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Capsule endoscopy (CE) has been increasingly used for diagnosing diseases of the small bowel. It is an attractive technique for assessing celiac disease (CD) because it is noninvasive and provides a close and magnified view of the mucosa of the entire small bowel. In this...
- CITATIONS AND CLINICIANS' NOTES: INTESTINE. // Current Medical Literature: Gastroenterology;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p10
Examines a number of studies regarding intestine diseases. Culture of Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis from the blood of patients with Crohn's disease; Risk of malignancy in diagnosed celiac disease; Azathioprine and mesalamine for prevention of relapse after conservative surgery...
- Role of cognitive function in assessing informed consent for endoscopy. Yeoman, A. D.; Dew, M. J.; Dos, L.; Rajapaksa, S. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 82 Issue 963, p65
Background: Patient understanding of the consent process is often suboptimal and the reasons for this are poorly understood. In particular the role of cognitive function in assessing the level of understanding of consent has not been evaluated. Aims: This study aims to assess the level of...
- Endoscopy of the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract. Van Dam, Jacques; Brugge, William R. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/02/99, Vol. 341 Issue 23, p1738
Discusses the use of endoscopy in disagnosing diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract. Ways to improve the safety and reduce the cost of endoscopy; Use of endoscopic therapy in the diagnosis and treatment of nonvariceal bleeding; Diagnosis and treatment of nonmalignant diseases.
- Incidence and Risk Factors for Cholangiocarcinoma in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. Burak, Kelly; Angulo, Paul; Pasha, Tousif M.; Egan, Kathleen; Petz, Jan; Lindor, Keith D. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2004, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p523
Cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) is a dreaded complication of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC); however, marked variability in the incidence of CCA in PSC is reported. Furthermore, limited information exists on risk factors for the development of CCA in PSC. The aim of this study was to determine...
- FOREWORD. // Current Medical Literature: Gastroenterology;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, pIV
Explains that the editorial board of "Current Medical Literature - Gastroenterology," manages, on a quarterly basis, to distil the best of the world literature on gastroenterology into a manageable, easy-to-read journal. Role of editors in placing the articles into context, helping the clinician...
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Rost, Glenn S.; Ronca, Paul C.; Susinno, A. M.; Immerman, Samuel L.; Marks, Lionel; Yasuna, Alvin D.; Van Der Reis, Leo; Lazar, Alexander J.; Baird Jr., William L.; De Prizio, Carl J.; Eisenstadt, H. B.; Massarelli, John M.; Beasley, L. K.; Cane, Walter // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1969, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p338
Presents abstracts of studies on gastroenterology. "Cause of Stomal Obstruction After Gastroenterostomy," by I. G. M. Cleator, C. W. A. Falconer, W. P. Small and A. N. Smith; "Gastrocolic Fistulas of Malignant Origin," by A. J. Tanny; "Device for Obtaining Samples of Intestinal Contents for...
- Test Yourself. Susinno, A. M.; Rost, Glenn S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1970, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p76
Presents questions based upon articles published in the December 1969 issue of the "American Journal of Gastroenterology."
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Van Dyne, Joseph R.; Beasley, L. K.; Bernstein, Abraham; Brenner, A. J.; Brown, J. Edward; Cane, Walter; Cohen, Theodore; DePrizio, Carl J.; Deutsch, Irvin; Eichhorn, Ralph D.; Einsel, I. H.; Eisenstadt, Heinz B.; Epstein, Ezra J.; Farfel, Bernard; Ficarra, Bernard J.; Freund, Norman; Galante, V. J.; Gilbert, Samuel M.; Gordon, Jules D.; Immerman, Samuel L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1960, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p87
Presents abstracts of several studies on gastroenterology. "Achalasia of the Esophagus With Pulsion Diverticulum," by William J. Pickett et al; "Cause of Peptic Ulcer," by Lester R. Dragstedt; "Pyloric Channel Ulcer," by Richard L. Whittaker and Alvin J. Cummins.