Inhibitory actions of a high fibre diet on intestinal gas transit in healthy volunteers
- The fiber quiz. // Body Bulletin;Jun99, p3
Presents a quiz on the fiber content of food in one's diet. type of bread usually eaten; Servings of oat products consumed daily; Consumption of beans; High-fiber breakfast cereals; Cooked whole-grain side dishes; canned or fresh fruits and vegetables consumed daily.
- Just the fiber facts. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Sep94, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p10
Presents facts on information about fiber found on food labels. Dietary fiber number; Effect of processing on fiber; Physiological effect of prepared cellulose; Health-claims of fiber-containing products; Use of fiber numbers in guessing the amount of grains or whole grains are in the product;...
- Redefining Fiber. Ohr Sr., Linda Milo // Prepared Foods;Feb2000, Vol. 169 Issue 2, p65
Reports on the proposed revision of the definition of dietary fiber. Details on the drafting of a definition of dietary fiber by a committee of American Association of Cereal Chemists; Definition of fiber; Components of fiber formerly not included in the dietary fiber complex.
- Fiber Facts. // Body Bulletin;Aug2000, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p4
Presents a questionnaire which determines knowledge associated with fiber in the diet.
- can fiber fight fat? Albert-Matesz, Rachel // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness Hers;Feb/Mar2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p104
Presents a quiz on fiber content of food and its importance to human nutrition.
- What's with Isolated Fibers, Do They Live Up to Their High-Fiber Status? // Environmental Nutrition;Sep2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p7
The article provides an answer to a question of the impact of the high-fiber foods on the body.
- Getting your fill of fiber. Maynard, Cindy // Current Health 2;Oct98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p24
Presents information about dietary fiber. Basic types; Health benefits; Recommended daily allowance; Food sources. INSET: When in doubt, read the label.
- FIBRE benefits. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Nov2011, p30
The article discusses studies which reveal the benefits of fibre content in food.
- FIBER FROM YOUR GARDEN. // Organic Gardening (08973792);May89, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the health benefits provided by fiber. Plants rich in fiber.