Everyone Loves Lucy
- Spring break! Laforest, Carine // Women's Sports & Fitness (10996079);Mar2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p37
Describes several products, activities and news that may be of interest to women athletes. Includes the Saint Patrick's Day 10K race in Washington, D.C.; Lucy.com's foray into the women's athletic wear industry; Weather web sites.
- Activewear retailer jumps into Chicago. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;8/8/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p3
This article reports that Lucy Activewear, an Oregon-based maker of women's sports apparel, plans to open its first Chicago, Illinois-area store at northwest suburban Deer Park Town Center in November 2005. The firm, which has 18 stores in the Western U.S., is expanding after raising $20.3 million.
- Lucy.com takes the Web field. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;11/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p36
Provides information on electronic commerce company Lucy.com. Aim of the company; Features of its Web site; Venture capitalists that supported the company.
- In good company. Floren, Gillian // Oregon Business Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the economic condition and operation of retail store Lucy company in Portland, Oregon. Creation of Web site strategy for a traditional retail focus; Dismissal of employees at the company; Changes on the channel of retail of clothing products.
- Lucy Exits Web to Focus on Stores. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/22/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 14, p38
Reports on the decision of Lucy.com to exit the electronic commerce business to focus on freestanding stores. Dismissal of employees involved in the firm's online business; Background history of the company; Fourth-quarter sales performance.
- Lucy set for launch. R.F. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/11/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 93, p10
Discloses the plan of Lucy.com, an electronic commerce company based in Portland, Oregon, to go online in November 1999. Compilation of a list of potential customers, 90 percent of whom are women; Labels being offered on the site.
- Lucy.com Has a New Look. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/3/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the August 2, 2000 launch of sportswear retailer Lucy.com's redesigned Web site. Goal of making online shopping easier and faster; Virtual boutiques for various body types; Sportswear labels offered by the site; Relocation of distribution and fulfillment duties to NewRoads Inc.'s...
- Better Fit Broadens the Base. Feitelberg, Rosemary; Gilbert, Daniela // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/28/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 121, p8
Reports on the improvement of activewear fits for women by apparel fit companies in New York. Promotion of customer base by the initiative; Internet availability on the product offerings of Lucy.com company; Upgrade of fit for bottoms and leotards by Danskin Inc.
- Not com but still strong. Floren, Gillian // Oregon Business Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p8
Comments on the customer services provided by Lucy.com women's athletic wear in Portland, Oregon. Closure of the electronic commerce site and focus on retail; Influence of the external environment on business operations; Importance of proper personal relations in profiteering.