When business becomes a battlefield
- Workplace Bullying: Costly and Preventable. Wiedmer, Terry L. // Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin;Winter2010, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p35
Workplace bullying is a pervasive practice by malicious individuals who seek power, control, domination, and subjugation. In businesses or schools, such bullying is an inefficient way of working that is both costly and preventable. Senior management and executives are ultimately responsible for...
- The high cost of aggression. Ramos, John // Across the Board;Sep94, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p62
Gives advice on what to do when hearing of problems that indicate a High Aggressive employee.
- Addressing management issues. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p40
Presents answers to questions regarding personnel management issues involving diplomacy and vacation time. Clarification on how to balance aggressive behavior with diplomatic gestures to get positive outcomes from subordinates; Suggestion to discuss legal solutions regarding vacation time with...
- Bully-minded thinking. Moloney, Karen // People Management;5/3/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p46
The article discusses the definition by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) of bullying in the workplace. A tool provided by the CIPD describes bullying as persistent behavior that is intimidating, degrading, offensive or malicious and undermines the confidence and...
- Top resourceâ€¦. Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;4/19/2005, p11
This article presents information related to the Andrea Adams Trust that is an excellent site for information on workplace bullying from the charity named after the journalist and broadcaster who first recognized its significance. There's plenty of advice for both employees and employers, and...
- BLOCK THAT METAPHOR! // New Yorker;1/9/1965, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p83
An excerpt from the "Resident Physician" concerning a metaphor on prejudice against liberal theorists on genuine doctrine is presented.
- Managing passive aggressive behavior. // Communication Briefings;Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p5
The article presents a discussion of the tips for the management of passive aggressive behavior of employees, adapted from the article "Can You Rehabilitate a Passive Aggressive Employee," by Katherine Reynolds Lewis.
- HOW TO...defuse aggressive situations. Brennan, Walter // Community Care;10/21/2010, Issue 1840, p30
The article presents the author's suggestion on the defusion of aggressive behavior.
- Research topic: the impetus behind feuds. Bolle, Friedel; Tan, Jonathan; Zizzo, Daniel // People Management;6/17/2010, p36
The article discusses a research which determined the results of aggression in the workplace, in which a total of 192 individuals volunteered in computerised games wherein two players were provided the opportunity to win money by "stealing" a percentage of their opponent's winning probability.