The impact of office design on business performance
- Executive Development as an Instrument of Higher Control. Scott, William G. // Academy of Management Journal;Sep63, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p191
The article discusses the use of executive development as an instrument of organizational control. Development in this context refers to the planned influence of individual psychological processes. It is the purpose of this development to gain from employees attitudinal commitment to the...
- Building Organizational Commitment: The Socialization of Managers in Work Organizations. Buchanan II, Bruce // Administrative Science Quarterly;Dec74, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p533
Based on a questionnaire survey of 279 business and government managers, this study sheds light on two questions: (a) which organizational experiences have the greatest impact on managers' organizational commitment attitudes and (b) how does the significance of such experience vary with...
- Loyalty: What's it worth? Strange, Charles A. // Management Review;Jun73, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p54
Focuses on loyalty in employee behavior in the U.S. Rejection of the concept of loyalty; Pursuit of sub-goals; Loyalty of employers toward employees; Employees' loyalty toward the boss or the company.
- Ethical standards attract and retain top talent. // People Management;7/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p11
Presents the results of a survey on employee loyalty in the U.S. conducted by research company Walker Information. Factors which determine employee loyalty; Percentage of respondents who think of themselves as loyal to their employers; Monthly average of employees who voluntarily leave their job.
- LE MARKETING RH: UNE NOUVELLE APPROCHE DE GESTION DES RESSOURCES HUMAINES. Asli, Amina; Baakil, Driss // Communication & Marketing / Revista De Comunicare Si Marketing;oct2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p123
Long considered as support function focused on administrative tasks, the human resources (HR) function has changed enormously under the influence of different factors. The dynamism of this function starts to play a major role in the performance of modern businesses. Recently, HR marketing...
- Divided loyalty - now what? Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/21/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 47, p5
The article provides an answer to a question on how to deal on employees that lack respect and have divided loyalties.
- What loyalty is about. de Bruin, Wilma // Finweek;4/3/2008, p60
The article offers tips on how to align employee's behavior.
- Probe to uncover sources of resistance. // Managing People at Work;Nov2010, Issue 344, p3
The article offers tips on how to remove resistance on the employees such as open debate to make employees feel that their opinion is also respected.
- Going overboard to help the boss. // Administrative Professional Today;Feb2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p6
The article presents a story of how an employee went overboard to help a manager she is loyal to and it also offers an invitation for readers to send their story regarding extreme things that they have done to help their boss.