Post-Storm Interest Boosts Newsers
- Fox News gets biggest boost out of prez election rumpus. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;12/20/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the ratings of cable news programs in the United States during primetime year-to-date through December 17, 2000. Ratings of Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC; Increase in Fox's ratings and total viewers compared to last year.
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;9/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 174, p2
Reports on the ratings posted by several cable television channels in the U.S. for their coverage of Hurricane Katrina. Fox News; CNN; TNT.
- When down is up. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 18, p12
Reports on the increased viewership ratings of cable television financial news channels in the United States when the stock market declined on April 14, 2000. How the broader distribution of business news has led to the charge that news broadcasters themselves are playing a greater role; Why...
- Latest cable news: Fox catches peacock. Adalian, Josef // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, p53
Reports on the ratings of cable news channels in the United States, for the first quarter of 1999. Fox News Channel's ratings as compared to NBC Inc. and Microsoft Corp.'s joint venture; Viewership of the Cable News Network; Comparison with ratings in 1998.
- Soft sell. Foege, Alec // Adweek Midwest Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 19, pSR10
Focuses on the cable news network MSNBC headed by Erik Sorenson. Television ratings garnered for the year 2001; News anchors and journalists of the network; Comparison on the ratings of other news network; Information on other programs of the network, including 'Time & Again,' and 'The News.'
- Bad ratings news for CNN. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;06/28/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the decline in CNN's ratings in the second quarter of 2000. Factors contributing to the decline; Decline in CNN's total day delivery; Increased competition facing CNN.
- Local cable news shouts for national ad attention. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;6/6/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 23, pS-10
Focuses on the challenges facing local cable news channels in the U.S. Reason for the refusal of most media buyers to advertise on local cable news channels; Closure of two local cable news channels jointly operated by Belo Corp. and Time Warner in Texas; Rating challenge faced by such channels.
- CNN ratings still slide as Games boost MSNBC. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;10/03/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the downturn in the Cable News Network's (CNN) total-day and primetime delivery ratings for the third-quarter of year 2000, compared to the same period in 1999. Performance of the cable network during total day and primetime in comparison with its competitors; Ratings posted by rival...
- Fox Makes News, Topping Big Three With RNC Ratings. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the record telecast obtained by Fox News Channel for its coverage of the Republican National Convention in the U.S. in September 2004. Implication of the network's success on the cable industry; Response of industry observers to the network's performance; Rating posted by the network...