- Cable Readies Wireless Play. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the partnership between Scientific-Atlanta Inc., Motorola Inc. and Tropos Networks Inc. to develop cable-specific equipment for Wi-Fi metro mesh networks in the U.S. Aim of the partnership to meld Tropos' MetroMesh Wi-Fi products; Function of the mesh network to deliver wireless to...
- Broadband tour guide. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;01/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p17
Reports on TVN Entertainment Corp.'s introduction of its Broadband Internet Services Group unit by constructing the Broadband Internet Center in Burbank, California. Features of the broadband facility; Background on the broadband communications services offered by the company.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p42
Reports on developments related to the broadband sector of the cable television industry in the United States as of December 11, 2000. Myrio Corp.'s strategic alliance with TVN Entertainment in Kirkland, Washington.
- VERIZON EXPANDS 3G NETWORK COVERAGE IN MADISON COUNTY. // RBOC Update;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the decision of Verizon Wireless to invest in Madison County and expand its local coverage with a new cell site in Hamilton, Mississippi. Verizon's services include picture messaging, text messaging and other wireless broadband network products. The network investment is...
- Verizon offers broadband home networking. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the in-home broadband networking for builders, developers and new home buyers by Verizon company in the U.S. Features of the network; Advantages of the network for home buyers; Application of the network.
- VERIZON OPERATES GLOBAL NETWORK FOR LARGE BUSINESSES. // Networks Update;Apr2001, p2
Reports on Verizon Communications' global telecommunications network that will link the United States with major cities in Europe, Asia and Latin America. Deployment of high-speed, broadband network to carry data, Internet and voice traffic; Positioning of Verizon to become a leading presence...
- Broadside on broadband. ENGQUIST, ERIK // Crain's New York Business;7/13/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 28/29, p0006
The article reports the criticism hurled by the Working Families Party's Amy Witacco against telecommunications firm Verizon in early July 2015, claiming that the company is choosing only the richest neighborhood in rolling out its FiOS fiber optic broadband network.
- S-A, Tropos mesh with wireless. // CED;Nov2005, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
This article reports that Scientific-Atlanta Inc. (S-A) has added Wi-Fi mesh capabilities to its hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) platforms through a partnership with Tropos Networks Inc. Under the agreement, S-A will incorporate Tropos' MetroMesh Wi-Fi gear with its HFC portfolio. The companies will...
- Squeezing new gear into existing headends. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Sep99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p68
Reports on the efforts of cable operators and hardware vendors to maximize the space of existing headend facilities. Size of DIGITRANS' DTE-7100 IRD (Integrated Receiver Descrambler); Packaging of digital and CMTS (cable modem termination system) equipment at Scientific-Atlanta; Housing of...