Execs: Tech Is for Ladies, Too
- Womanly Matters. // CableFAX Daily;9/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 179, p2
The article presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 15, 2005. Lifetime president and CEO Betty Cohen warned the Internet is going to outpace the industry. Food Network president Brooke Bailey Johnson wants cable companies to come up with a uniform approach...
- 'THE LADY MEANS BUSINESS': MARKETING TO THE ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE CONSUMER IN THE 1950s AND 60s. McLeod, Amanda // Melbourne Historical Journal;2003, Vol. 31, p54
The article discusses the role of the female consumer on shaping the development of marketing during the 1950s and 1960s. It cites that during the period, electrical retailers were used by marketers of electrical appliances to entice the post-war housewife to purchase their goods. It adds that...
- `Quasi-Brands' resurrect CE profits. // Discount Store News;3/7/94, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p31
Reports on the new approach being tested by retailers like Kmart, Ward and Wal-Mart to private labels to make it more profitable. History of marketing private labels; Sears' and Ward's creation of store brands in the eighties; Competition among superstores in the nineties; Four levels of...
- Cohen Out, Wong Is In At Lifetime. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Betty Cohen as chief executive officer (CEO) of Lifetime Television.
- Betty Cohen. // Hollywood Reporter;12/12/95, Vol. 340 Issue 10, pS-26
Profiles Betty Cohen, president of Cartoon Network Worldwide and TNT International. Educational attainment; Achievements in her job; Reputation.
- Retailers to reap long-term rewards of new CE technologies. // Discount Store News;8/4/97, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p64
Offers a look at the difficulties in sales of consumer electronics (CE) specialty retailers. Declines of sales on CE departments; Improvements of CE sections by several discount stores; Competitions in televisions and video-cassette recorders; Sales of personal computer software.
- Home Audio added to SharpShopper.com. // Link-Up;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the addition of an audio product category to SharpShopper.com, an online consumer electronics shopping guide that helps people research and locate the products that best meet their individual needs.
- Bait and switch. Shandle, Jack // Electronic Design;3/6/95, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p16
Editorial. Comments on the `bait and switch' marketing strategy of consumer electronics retailers. Provision of alternative products in the absence of preferred items; Rate of product upgrading; Prediction of a shakeout in computer industry; Predicament of the market over product turnover.
- Audio/video sales strong. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul95, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the increase in the factory sales of audio and video products in the first quarter of 1995. Electronic Industries Association/Consumer Electronics Group (EIA/CEG) data.