- '02 Was Kind To PPV, VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the revenue generated by pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand movies, adult programming and events in 2002. Comparison of revenues generated by movies in the year 2001 and 2002; Percent increase in adult PPV revenue in 2002; Revenue generated by satellite subscribers per household.
- Execs Say VOD Trumps PPV Buy Rates. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on video-on-demand (VOD) market in the United States. Comparison between the buy-rates of VOD and subscription television; Need to explain technology to customers; Commencement of VOD technical trials by Comcast Cable Communications.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/28/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 33, p12
The article discusses the highlights of Nielsen's "Total Audience Report" for the second quarter of 2015, noting the decrease in traditional pay-television subscription and the rise of subscription video on demand (SVOD) service in U.S. homes, and presents charts on media usage among U.S. adults.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Multichannel News;9/28/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p39
The article offers information on decline in ratio of people using pay television subscription due to surge in subscription video on demand (SVOD) service and resents a chart showing television as a primary conduit for media consumption specially during primetime hours.
- Gemstar's Shell Looks Past Accounting Woes. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p16
Reports on the launch of an interactive program guide by program guide vendor Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Need for Gemstar-TV Guide International to focus on its cash generating units; On-demand services provided by Gemstar-TV Guide International; Company accounting problems faced by...
- Gemstar Patent Rulings Open Field for Program Guide Developers. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p9
Deals with the effort of cable operators to disregard Gemstar-TV Guide International for interactive program guide (IPG) solutions amidst the failure of the company's patent protection strategy. Need for the operators to retain control of the IPG; Concerns raised by cable operators; Composition...
- In-room pay-per-view TV taps the all-day market. Blank, Dennis // Hotel & Motel Management;06/19/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 11, p58
Reports that in-room pay-per-view providers are making more money by offering hotel guests 24-hour viewing packages at a flat rate or even discounted adult double features rather than the single-priced films. Plan by some hotels to set up their own Internet portal rooms; Prices of all-day adult...
- REPORT: NETFLIX HAS MINIMAL IMPACT ON PAY-TV. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;11/26/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p10
The article focuses on a report which claimed that the rise of subscription video-on-demand services has little effect on cable, satellite and telecommunication premium television (TV).
- Playboy Pushing SVOD Service. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p8
Reports on the marketing campaign of Playboy Entertainment Group for its subscription video-on demand service. Features of Playboy On Demand; Negotiation of Playboy with several multisystem operators about the distribution of the service; Decline of the dominance of Playboy in the pay-per-view...