Lusting for America
- AdWatch. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;2/20/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p8
The article presents an update on advertising companies as of February 2006. On February 9, 2006, Univision scored a 52-week high a day after it put itself up for sale. Televisa, a key supplier of Univision shows, would face regulatory hurdles. It also presents the top marketer, media and...
- EMI, Televisa Link For Labels. Cobo, Leila // Billboard;7/30/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 31, p12
Reports on a partnership agreement reached by EMI Music with Televisa in July 2005. Terms of the agreement; Competition between Televisa and Univision Inc.; Media benefits that will be enjoyed by EMI Televisa.
- Tempestuous Televisa Won't Foil Univision. Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/10/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p1
The article focuses on the $13.7 billion takeout of Univisions Communications Inc. by a private equity consortium, which is still on track despite the threat by Grupo Televisa SA of early shares sales which would sever the joint venture participation agreement of the two companies. A Televisa...
- UNIVISION OPENS LA PUERTA. O'Boyle, Michael; Learmonth, Michael // Variety;6/25/2007, Vol. 407 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on management, finance and the future of Spanish television network Univision. The company's chief executive officer Joe Uva is quoted expressing the outlook towards the future for the television channel. Advertising and audience evaluation from Nielsen Media Research is...
- Televisa Buys Into Univision. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p18
The article offers information on an agreement under which Grupo Televisa will make an investment of 1.2 billion U.S. dollars in Univision.
- READY TO CROSS THE BORDER. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;12/21/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the revision of the accords between Univision Communications and Grupo Televisa in the United States. Benefit for Televisa's stake in the growing Hispanic market in the US; Extension of the exclusive rights of Univision on US broadcast rights to all productions; Agreement to launch...
- Slimming down. // Business Mexico;Jul1998, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p10
Provides information on a move being made by Grupo Televisa to reduce its participation in Univision Communications. Reasons for this reduction by Grupo Televisa; Number of workers to be sent home from Grupo Televisa; Financial information on the company.
- Core focus. // Business Mexico;Nov1998, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
Cites the outcome of media group Televisa's offering of Class A common stock in Univision Communications Inc. Number of shares sold; Net proceeds from the offering; Use of proceeds to reduce Televisa's debt and strengthen its budget for the raging media battle with rival TV Azteca.
- EXPECT MORE GROWTH IN '07. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;4/23/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 17, pS-1
The article focuses on the growth of Spanish-language media in the United States. It is reported that Hispanic media grew in 2006 due to the elections and the World Cup. Growth is predicted for Hispanic print and television. Hispanic media have online strategies after lagging behind in the...