Panel: Don't Wait to Roll Out Ethnic Fare
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p68
Presents information about developments in the cable television industry as of July 21, 2003. Television shows to be broadcast from July onwards; Conferences to be held during the month of July and August.
- Prime time lacking. Gerardi, Dave // Playthings;Jul2001, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p4
Reports on a survey by Children Now on the lack of diversity of television programs shown during family hour in the United States. Decrease in diversity when focusing on a show's main characters only; Need for children to see role models; Slight increase in the percentage of African-Americans...
- Is network TV turning its back on diversity? Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p13
Reports on few or absence of minorities in United States television series for the 1999 fall season. Absence of color in the programming trend of younger-skewing dramas; Observed inching away from the minority audience by Fox, WB and UPN.
- UCLA Study Examines Minority Representation In Network Television. Hunt, Damell // Black Issues in Higher Education;7/4/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the findings of research on minority representation in prime-time television programs in the U.S. aired in October and November 2001. Reference to the study by Darnell Hunt of the University of California in Los Angeles Center for African Studies; Television stations that were...
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p19
Rates the cable television shows in the United States, according to Nielsen, for the week of August 22-28, 1994. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox.
- The WB's mulitplexing plan. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Reports plans of WB cable network to multiplex several programs in the U.S. Percentage of unit prices for the second play; Reference to the experience of the network in multiplexing the program 'Charmed'; Selection of series by producers.
- mr. weatherman. Ardren, Bob // Sarasota Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on issues related to the telecast of a program segment on the cable television network Weather Channel in Sarasota, Florida. Identification of the person appearing in the segment; Professional responsibilities of the person appearing in the program segment.
- Rocking the Industry. Haley, Kathy; Knight, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p3
Discusses the growing popularity of the television series on U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 2002. Views of veteran writers and critics on HBO's series; Comparison of income generated by HBO with other broadcast networks; Creative impact of HBO on the...
- The Way of Success. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p6
Discusses the projects undertaken by U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 2002. Plans to telecast two original series, 'Carnivale' and 'Dead Wood,' based on historical events; Plot and starcast of the two series; Inclination of HBO towards counter-programming;...