- Verizon's fightin' words: Rivals are 'un-American'. Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;3/20/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p1
The article discusses the statement by Verizon Communications that cable companies are un-American for refusing to air its advertisements that criticize spiraling cable prices. The spot Verizon plotted for the Garden State aims to get residents to lobby their legislators. Verizon said two local...
- Australia ends ban on cable TV spots. Burbury, Rochelle // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI22
Anticipates Australia's lifting a ban on cable television advertising on July 1, 1997. Cable operators' jockeying for position for first chance at advertising revenues; Results of studies prediction advertising revenue from cable television; Multichannel clients' interest in channels like CNN,...
- Cable ads hit narrow target. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the growing advertising segment of cable television companies in Tucson, Arizona. Advantages offered by cable television over radio and television; Price range of a 30-second television commercial spot.
- TvB eyes cable cannibas. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;01/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising has pointed out that only three of the ten highest-rated basic cable networks in prime time registered ratings increases in its 1996 fourth-quarter ratings analysis. Impact on top networks; Results of the Nielsen Media Research top cable network...
- Basic viewers on the rise. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p90
Cites the increase in cable television viewers in the United States during the first full week of April 1999, according to the Cable Advertising Bureau. Prime-time household delivery of advertising-supported cable; Aggregate prime-time audience of the Big Four television networks.
- Mexican Ad Dispute Continues Deadlocked. Dallas, Jo // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p60
Focuses on the conflict between wireless-cable operators and programmers over the industry's advertising market in Mexico. Threat by MVS Multivision SA to block the commercials of international networks; Operators' complaint against pan-regional programmers that sell pan-regional advertisements...
- Sports hits its stride in 3rd QTR. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;7/12/93, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the activities of cable television networks. Cable's wait for the various broadcast network daypart upfronts; Third quarter scanner and comments from buyers; Buyers' attempt to work third quarter deals ino their upfront negotiations for extra leverage; Sports business in cable as...
- Philly Interconnect Gets Hardwired. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p42
Reports on Philadelphia Interconnect's plan to become hardwired interconnect cable television network. Rounding out the list of the top ten media markets; Creation of a single order and single invoice system; Running of commercials simultaneously throughout its distribution market area.
- Basic cable up. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/96, Vol. 126 Issue 23, p29
Reports on the increase in viewership in cable television in the United States for the period ending May 1996, according the Nielsen media Research figures released by Cable Advertising Bureau. Comparison with last year's data.