- Duck -- here comes a meteor. Mitchell, John // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
The article reflects on the economic conditions of Oregon as the year changes to 2008. There are negative economic indicators in 2007. The important question for 2008 is whether there will be enough strength in trade, investment and consumer spending to offset the housing-related weakness. Other...
- Oregon to Sell $68M for Colleges. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;5/19/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34111, p1
The article informs that the Oregon government is planning to sell 68 million dollar of double-A-plus general obligation bonds for financing the capital projects for the Oregon University System. It mentions that the deal include 63.8 million dollar of tax-exempt bonds with maturities in 2015...
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p9
No abstract available.
- Anchorage Bonding Measures Pass; Hotel Tax Hike Defeated. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the approval of general obligation bonds and the rejection of a hotel tax measure to finance a convention center on Anchorage, Alaska. Reimbursement for the school district's capital costs; Voters' support of bond measure for capital improvements; Percentage of absentee ballots.
- Short-Term Shelter Sought. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p1
Reports the investment of the municipal bond investors into short-term funds in the U.S. Estimation of the net inflow; Amount of the total rate of return; Yields of the tax-exempt money market funds.
- Austin Heads to Market With Multi-Tranched Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p3
Reports the move of city officials to sell a multi-tranched bond deal to investors in a competitive sale via electronic bidding system in Austin, Texas. Estimates on the worth of the deal; Purpose of the proceeds of the bond sales; Rating of the deal from the Standard & Poor's.
- 'Deep' demand for 3 big deals: Philly, Alameda, and Houston. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p7
Focuses on United States-based institutional investors' interest in premium coupon bonds. Good source of current income; Municipal pension bonds of Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development; Insured revenue offering of the Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority; General obligation...
- New rules make investing proceeds easier. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p32
Reports that investing bond proceeds has become a high-stakes game since the Orange County, California bankruptcy and municipal bond industry's yield-burning scandal. Importance of legal questions in bond issues.
- Put Me in Municipal Bonds Now! Sardana, Sanjay; Hart, Andrew // Siliconindia;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p54
Presents information on investment of AAA-rated municipal bond in the U.S. Advantages of the bonds on federal, state, local taxation; Range of the price risk of fixed-rate bonds in the common market parlance; Issues of protection on bond portfolio management from hidden markups.