Treasury's Auten: GDP portends more growth
- Auten Says Small Recovery Likely. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p2
Reports on the assumptions about gross domestic product growth in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2000, expressed by John H. Auten, director of the office of macroeconomic analysis. Growth rates; Likelihood of a small economic recovery.
- ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL OUTLOOK 2013: Gaining Traction, But Concerns Remain. Weigand, Robert A. // TK...Topeka's Business Magazine;Summer2013, p52
In this article, the author discusses the economic and financial outlook of U.S. in 2013. He explains that the average rate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate began to decrease in 2004 and states that GDP growth was 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012. Several charts are presented...
- The U.S. economy to 2008: a decade of continued growth. Sounders, Norman C.; Su, Betty W. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov99, Vol. 122 Issue 11, p5
Forecasts the economic conditions in the United States to year 2008. Amount of its gross domestic product; Status of its corporate downsizing and restructuring in the nineteen nineties; Cost of its Federal deficit in 1991.
- With Obama, Balanced Budget Amendment Crucial. Demint, Jim // Human Events;6/28/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 23, p10
The author discusses the increasing national debt of the U.S. federal government. He explains that the national debt represents a large potion of the total gross domestic product (GDP) of the country and offers a comparison between the debt crisis in Greece and the weakening economic conditions...
- My Usual Charming Self: Anarchy Reigns In Conservative Politics. Reeves, Bernie // Metro Magazine (Raleigh Metro Magazine);Jul2010, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p24
The article offers the author's insights regarding the national debt of the U.S. The author talks about the projected increase in the nation's deficit to 120 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010. The author also talks about the need for the government to start with small business...
- Profile of the Economy. // Treasury Bulletin;Dec2013, p3
The article focuses on the things that affect the economy of the U.S. It discusses the increase in the gross domestic product (GDP) of the country for the first and second quarters of 2013, the condition of the labor market, and the inflation rate experienced by the country for the same period....
- Does national debt matter? Greenberg, Dean // Inside Tucson Business;2/9/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p8
Discusses the implications of the rising public debt of the United States. Debt as a percentage of the gross domestic product; Inaccuracy of the projections for budget deficits and surpluses; Concerns about inflation and its effect on U.S. debt.
- Deficits and debts. Clemens, Jason; Kaszton, Julie // Fraser Forum;Mar2010, p24
The article focuses on the fiscal policy between Canada and U.S. including deficits and debts. It states that the U.S. federal deficit has increased and deteriorated with the financial crisis occurred in 2008-2009 affecting the gross domestic product (GDP) BY 3.2%. However, the federal...
- Better? Barely. Knold, Mark // Trendlines;Jan/Feb2012, p10
The article discusses the present economic conditions of the U.S. It mentions the economic recovery of the U.S despite negative predictions made by the economists and discusses several threats which still lie with the U.S economy. Some issues such as European recession, Iran issue and Government...