Illinois' largest debt plan
- Two Kutak Lawyers to Revise Illinois Authority Consolidation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31098, p34
Reports on Illinois Governor George Ryan's proposal to consolidate 16 conduit authorities into one super bonding agency. Hiring of bond lawyers Jerry Wallack and Robert Star; Career history of the two lawyers; Proposed structure of the authority.
- A Strained Relationship. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p1
Reports the dispute of between the office of Governor George Ryan and the Educational Facilities Authority over bond taxes in Chicago, Illinois. Causes of the rift according to several sources; Reaction of Ryan to the double tax-exemption; Views of the investors on the pricing scales of the...
- During annual address, Chicago mayor heaps praise on bonding program. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30638, p3
Reports on the stand of Chicago Mayor Richard Daley on Governor George Ryan's bonding program for infrastructure projects. Details of redevelopment projects.
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Ward, Andrew; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;07/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30682, p30
Reports on developments related to bonds in the Midwestern States as of July 14, 1999. Includes Illinois Governor George Ryan's signing of a legislation permitting the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority to sell refunding and new-money bonds; Detroit Medical Center Inc.'s recruitment of...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p41
Reports developments related to the United States bonds as of May 2001. Debate of Chicago officials on ways to solve the delays at O'Hare International Airport; Plans of Chicago Governor George Ryan to consolidate staff conduit issuers in one agency; Fiscal operations restructuring of the...
- Job Cuts, Not Taxes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p32
Reports on Illinois governor George Ryan's proposed fiscal budget for the year 2003. Number of jobs proposed to be cut in the budget; Amount of reductions made in the budget compared to the previous one; Reasons for these cuts.
- Ryan weighs clemency. // State Government News;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
Reports the moratorium imposed by Illinois Governor George Ryan on executions in January 2000 to consider whether to commute the sentences of the inmates on the state's death row.
- Ryan's campaign machine is on a record-setting roll. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;08/17/98, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p3
Presents information on the fund-raising campaign being used by George Ryan of the Republican Party. Amount of money raised by the campaign for the first half of 1998; Details on the campaign; Identification of the family which gave the largest single donation.
- For Gov. Ryan, biggest job is rebuilding confidence. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the role of Governor George Ryan on the economy of Chicago, Illinois. Insights on the contribution of Ryan in promoting community infrastructure programs; Comment on the involvement of Ryan in the driver licensing corruption scandal; Impact of the scandal on public...