Teaching Writing Strategies and Self-Regulation Procedures To Middle School Students with Learning Disabilities
- An Exploratory Study of the Application of Modern Distance Learning Resources for Rural Elementary and Middle Schools in Western China: The Case of Three Cities in Gansu Province. Gaixue Yang; Shuyu Yu // Frontiers of Education in China;Mar2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p37
Based on a specially adapted questionnaire, research was carried out to explore how resources in modern distance learning were being applied in rural elementary and middle schools in Western China, in order to enhance the usefulness of the allocated resources. One particular distance learning...
- Characteristics of Effective Middle Level Teachers. Willems, Arnold L.; Clifford, Jacob C. // Education;Summer99, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p734
Analyzes the characteristics of effective middle level teachers. Special treatment of adolescent students; List of characteristics; Recommended references.
- The Systematic Teaching and Recording Tactic (S.T.A.R.T.): A Generic Reading Strategy. Rogers, David C.; Deno, Stanley L.; Markell, Marc A. // Intervention in School & Clinic;Nov2001, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p96
Focuses on the systematic teaching and recording tactic (START) in the United States. Description of a reading intervention, START; Usage in conjunction with curriculum based measurement; Major components of the intervention.
- Math, science, and web-based activities to raise awareness about nutrition and obesity. Zuercher, Deborah K. // Middle School Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p42
The article focuses on how middle grade educators can raise awareness about the increase in obesity in the U.S. It emphasizes that educators can use resources that will provide a framework for them to organize health-related education programs. It stresses mathematics and health can be...
- SCHOLASTIC News Vol. 68 No. 7, April 2012. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2 (Teacher's Edition);Apr2012, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p1
The article presents a teaching guide for middle school teachers in the U.S. It features several topics including the grammar, usage and mechanics, robotics, and insect defenses. It also provides lesson plans, information resources, answers to questions related to the topics, as well as puzzles...
- SCHOLASTIC news TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 74 No. 19, March 19, 2012. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);3/19/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 19, pT1
The article presents a teaching guide for middle school teachers in the U.S. It features several topics including causes and effects, invasive species and their impact on environments, healthy school lunches, and personal development. It also provides resources, answers to questions related to...
- SCHOLASTIC SuperScience April 2012. // Scholastic SuperScience (Teacher's Edition);Apr2012, Vol. 23 Issue 7, pT1
The article presents a teaching guide for middle school teachers in the U.S. It features several topics including national education standards, life sciences, wildlife conservation, and the Titanic wreck site. It also provides lesson objectives, information resources, and answers to questions...
- Middle/Upper Grades Free Catalog. // Education Week;1/30/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p31
The article provides information the McDonald Publishing Co.'s Middle/Upper Grades Free Catalog for teachers in the U.S. It features 20 new poster sets and 34 new duplicating and reproducible books.
- Teacher's Toolbox. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Mar2004, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p38
Provides information for teachers, including helpful hints and links to beneficial Web sites. Free pre-engineering curriculum for middle school; Benefits of audio textbooks for students with learning disabilities; Availability of the Annenberg/CPB Channel.