A Dense Corpus Study of Past Tense and Plural Overregularization in English
- More Writing Rules to Remember. // Writing is the 'Right' Thing to Do!;2005, p117
The article offers several writing rules. When writing a story or an essay, avoid making use of too many unnecessary words or phrases. In number writing, most newspaper and professional writers choose to write numbers less than 10 as words. Avoid the use of double negatives. Use a singular verb...
- Fast Mapping-Leistungen bei Kindern mit einer semantisch-lexikalischen StÃ«rung im Rahmen einer SSES. Skerra, Antje // Forum Logopadie;jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p6
The study investigated fast mapping by 3-5-year-old children with SLI. The groups learned 2 nouns and two verbs in an interactive setting. Fast Mapping abilities were examined by four tests. The test â€Ÿ Definingâ€ž showed an effect related to the groups, parts of speech and an...
- On modal tenses and tensed modals. LACA, Brenda // Cahiers Chronos;2012, Vol. 25, p163
This paper is devoted to the interaction between temporal configuration and the interpretation of modal verbs in French and Spanish, two languages that exhibit wider and more transparent morphological options than English, but diverge from each other in significant ways. I show that mere...
- JoniÅ¡kÄ—lio Å¡nektos veiksmaÅ¾odis. Kurkauskienė, Rasa // Man & the Word / Zmogus ir zodis;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p69
The article is intended to the problems of dialectal morphology. The research of JoniÅ¡kÄ—lis local dialect is being continued. Verb classes and peculiarities of conjugation are discussed in the article. Conclusions: 1) disyllabic verbs having short vowels u or i in their roots, have the...
- MEG masked priming evidence for form-based decomposition of irregular verbs. Fruchter, Joseph; Stockall, Linnaea; Marantz, Alec // Frontiers in Human Neuroscience;Nov2013, Vol. 7, p1
To what extent does morphological structure play a role in early processing of visually presented English past tense verbs? Previous masked priming studies have demonstrated effects of obligatory form-based decomposition for genuinely affixed words (teacher-TEACH) and pseudo-affixed words...
- WR NEWS WORD WORK! // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;4/20/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 23, p4
A quiz about present and past tense verbs is presented.
- The Case of the Perfect Party. // Storyworks;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p23
A quiz concerning the correct verb tense is presented.
- What's the Tense? // Scholastic Action;12/5/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p21
A discussion of the past, present and future tense of verbs is presented.
- Verbs - Watch Those Tenses! KOERSELMAN, VIRGINIA // Facts & Findings;May/Jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p41
A quiz concerning different verb tenses is presented.