Hedge Funds Avoid Katrina-Linked Selling
- Hedge Funds' Stance Toward Loan Market Is Not Clear-Cut. O'Connor, Katie // Bank Loan Report;6/13/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p11
Focuses on the departure of hedge funds out of the U.S. second lien market. Implications of the trend on the high yield and bank loan markets; Claim of Laura Gladstone, managing director at Gladstone Capital, that not all hedge funds have fled the loan market; Reasons for the incomplete...
- ABSTRACTS. // Revue d'Ã‰conomie FinanciÃ¨re;oct2008, Vol. 93, p327
The article presents several abstracts related to the securities market in Europe which include the economic role of private equity, the challenges of regulating hedge funds, and the role of banks in the Tunisian economy.
- Hedge Funds Boost Listed FX Futures. Lewis, Janet // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/19/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the increase in trading of hedge funds in the financial market in the U.S. Amount of cash currencies traded over the counter each day; Reason for the popularity of hedge funds in the listed futures; Problems affecting listed foreign exchange futures.
- Scared Investors Flee Bank Stocks; Worst Is Still to Come, Some Predict. Talley, Karen // American Banker;09/25/98, Vol. 163 Issue 184, p1
Looks at how Long-Term Capital Management LP, a hedge fund shift from the capital market has affected the financial service industry. How the shift affected shares of banks; Comments made by R. Harold Schroeder, a banking analyst at Keefe, Bruyette and Woods Inc.; Estimated amount of funds lent...
- SELF-REGULATION OF HEDGE FUNDS ENDORSED. Wine, Elizabeth // On Wall Street;Apr2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p24
The article focuses on the debate over the proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush's Working Group on Financial Markets (PWG) that the hedge fund industry needs no further government regulation and these funds and other private investment schemes will only have to police themselves....
- Rafferty Fined $400K-Plus For Late-Trading Troubles. // Money Management Executive;12/10/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p6
The article reports that brokerage firm Rafferty Capital Markets was fined by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority due to late-trading troubles in the U.S. Rafferty was fined $400,000 for its failure to stop its hedge fund clients from late trading and is prevented from opening new mutual...
- New Capital Flow Slows. Green, Meg // Best's Review;May2007, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p40
The article provides an analysis on the possible structure of the reinsurance market based on economic trends. The flow of capital from hedge funds and private equity firms into the reinsurance market is expected to slow down in the year 2007 due to weak property catastrophe market conditions....
- What do we know about the risk and return characteristics of hedge funds? Viebig, Jan H // Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds;May2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p167
This article gives an overview of the risk and return characteristics of hedge funds. Analyzing the extensive research on hedge funds during the past two decades, this article discusses the style-specific risks of hedge funds, reviews the findings on the statistical properties of hedge funds and...
- Hedgies Look for New Convert Plays. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/25/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 41, p12
Reports on the trends in the investment of hedge funds in the U.S. Decline in the popularity of the core convertible arbitrage strategy as an engine for new issuance; Reason for the low returns of the convertible arbitrage strategy; Aggressiveness of hedge funds in analyzing issuer's credit quality.