UBS Tapping Into Alberta Tar Sands
- TT may be warming to the idea. // Energy Caribbean;2012, Issue 65, p24
The article reports on attempts to develop tar sands in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Editor's Letter. Troy, Phaedra Friend // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 89 Issue 4, Special section p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the implication of Smart Grid on the job market, the difference of oil sands from heavy oils, and the innovative and effective leadership in the energy industry.
- Editor's Letter. Troy, Phaedra Friend // Offshore;Jul2011, Vol. 71 Issue 7, special section p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topic including the effect of Smart Grid on the power job market, the oil sands in Canada, and the development of future leaders in the energy industry.
- THE THIN RED LINE. // Earth Island Journal;Autumn2015, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p21
The article lists several energy projects and their battle with North American Indigenous communities including tar sands development on the grounds, coal-export terminal at Cherry Point, Washington, D.C. and Keystone XL pipeline in Lakota, South Dakota.
- Canada Energy Market Overview. // Canada Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2008, p6
The article reports on the forecast for Canadian energy market in the first quarter of 2008. The country has showed more than 170 billion barrels of oil sands reserves, which 95% of reserves are oil sands deposits in Alberta. However, it states that the natural gas production from the Western...
- THE CONTINUING CONTROVERSY OVER OIL. Suter, Keith // Contemporary Review;Dec2012, Vol. 294 Issue 1707, p429
The author discusses developments in the energy industry, particularly in the oil sector. He focuses on the emergence of a new battle for oil in North America that could create another chapter in the geo-politics of oil worldwide. He claims that Canada is the global leader in oil sands reserves,...
- Regional Energy Market Overview. // Canada Oil & Gas Report;Q3 2010, p19
The article presents an overview of the regional energy market in Canada. Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) finds the expansion of the energy-intensive oil sands of the country as a boost for domestic gas consumption. BMI mentions that the oil sand projects of the country contributed to...
- Characterization of trace gases measured over Alberta oil sands mining operations: 76 speciated C2-C10 volatile organic compounds (VOCs), CO2, CH4, CO, NO, NO2, NOy, O3 and SO2 Simpson, I. J.; Blake, N. J.; Barletta, B.; Diskin, G. S.; Fuelberg, H. E.; Gorham, K.; Huey, L. G.; Meinardi, S.; Rowland, F. S.; Vay, S. A.; Weinheimer, A. J.; Yang, M.; Blake, D. R. // Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics Discussions;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p18507
Oil sands comprise 30% of the world's oil reserves and the crude oil reserves in Canada's oil sands deposits are second only to Saudi Arabia. The extraction and processing of oil sands is much more challenging than for light sweet crude oils because of the high viscosity of the bitumen contained...
- SCRAPING FOR OIL. DORAN, KELLY // Canadian Architect;Jan2009, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses the oil sand industry in the Athabasca oil sand, Province of Alberta and its impact on the socio-economic landscape in the area. The private oil companies leasing the oil sands are cited as responsible for the change of the ecologic, topologic and hydrologic character of...