Behind Search Engine Craze Lies Advertising
- Search ads soar ahead. // Marketing Week;7/29/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p17
Presents an analysis on online advertising spending in Great Britain. Total amount spent by marketers on search engine advertising; Worth of cinema advertising.
- Forget opt-out, think relevance. Nutley, Michael // New Media Age;9/14/2006, p16
This article emphasizes the importance of relevance in interactive advertising. For several years now, researchers and experts have been saying that the era of interruptive advertising is over. They explain that advertising needs to relevant, targeted, useful and must deliver value to consumers....
- Give your old online ads the boot. Robertson, Sally // B&T Weekly;7/7/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2571, p7
The article reports that B&T will start its seminar on planning, buying and managing online campaigns on July 19, in Sydney. This program is targeted at agency planners, buyers, and marketers to show how this can give them a competitive advantage. It will give a fundamental knowledge of...
- Traditional brands boost online ads to record high. // New Media Age;4/17/2003, p1
Reports on the increase in Internet advertising in Great Britain in 2002. Market share of online advertising in 2002; Factors which contributed to the increase in online advertising; Efficiency of the Internet as a marketing medium.
- Convincing brands to try online video advertising. Rafee, Azhar // New Media Age;4/1/2004, p17
This article presents the views of the author on efforts taken to persuade traditional advertisers to use strategies leading to online video advertising. Allegedly, industry discussion focuses on two key issues. Such issues include the user benefits of full-motion, multimedia video formats,...
- Creative thinking. Goff, Clare // New Media Age;4/1/2004, p30
This article focuses on the rise in the prominence of the World Wide Web among British marketers due to the launch of the creative initiative of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). During the month of April, IAB allegedly celebrates its anniversary of its creative showcase, which has been...
- Enter the creative superman/woman. Kelly, Tony // B&T Weekly;1/20/2006, Vol. 55 Issue 2548, p8
The author reflects on the existence of webvertising or Internet advertising in the advertising industry. According to him, people in the advertising industry saw the web sites as the new marketing tool in the 20th century. He realized that in the 21st century the coverage of new media marketing...
- Online ad growth is part of bigger tale. Walmsley, Andrew // Marketing (00253650);4/9/2008, p15
The article explores the factors contributing to the growing market share of Internet advertising in Great Britain. The author states that the share of online advertising in the country has increased by 38% in 2007 which makes the British online advertising market the biggest in the world. He...
- 29 ways Internet can supplement your media buy. Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;3/19/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p9
Presents a list of several advantages of using Internet advertising. Increase in brand awareness; Increase usage of the brand; Reduction of obsolete or excess inventory via promotions.