- Endemic pemphigus over a century: Part II. Abréu-Vélez, Ana María; Roselino, Ana Maria; Howard, Michael S.; de Messias Reason, Iara J. // North American Journal of Medical Sciences;Mar2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p114
Background: Endemic pemphigus foliaceus (EPF) is an autoimmune disease, classically occurring in a restricted geographic area. Foci of EPF have been described in several Central and South American countries, often affecting young people and Amerindians, with some female predilection. Although...
- SjÃ¶gren's Syndrome. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p890
Presents a nursing guide to SjÃ¶gren's syndrome, an autoimmune rheumatic disorder. Causes; Assessment of the disease; Primary nursing diagnosis; Documentation guidelines; Discharge and home healthcare guidelines.
- Hyper-IgM syndrome type 4 with a B lymphocyte-intrinsic selective deficiency in Ig class-switch recombination. Kohsuke Imai; Catalan, Nadia; Plebani, Alessandro; Marodi, Laszlo; Sanal, Ozden; Kumaki, Satoru; Nagendran, Vasantha; Wood, Philip; Glastre, Catherine; Sarrot-Reynauld, Francoise; Hermine, Olivier; Forveille, Monique; Revy, Patrick; Fischer, Alain; Durandy, Anne // Journal of Clinical Investigation;7/1/2003, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p136
Deals with a study which characterized hyper-immunoglobulin M syndrome type 4, a defect in antibody gene diversification caused by a selective block in class-switch recombination. Background to the study; Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Guillain-BarrÃ© --Not an Irish Beer. Sulley, Glenn // Urologic Nursing;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p144
Presents a first-person narrative of a urology clinic nurse who had Guillain-Barre syndrome. Initial symptoms; Numbness and tingling; Feeling of tiredness; Despair; Lessons about life; Recovery in five weeks.
- Chapter 18: Nursing Care of Patients with Immune Disorders. Nowak, Sharon M. // Understanding Medical-Surgical Nursing, 3rd Edition;2007, p301
Chapter 18 of the book "Understanding Medical/Surgical Nursing," 3rd edition is presented. It describes the nursing care practice for patients with immune disorders. The different categories of immune system diseases include hypersensitivity reactions, autoimmune disorders and the immune...
- A Brief History of Stoll-Brodie-Fiessinger-Leroy Syndrome (Reiter's Syndrome) and Reactive Arthritis with a Translation of Reiter's Original 1916 Article into English. Iglesias-Gammara, Antonio; Restrepo, José Félix; Valle, Rafael; Matteson, Eric L. // Current Rheumatology Reviews;2005, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p71
While not the only form of reactive arthrits, Reiter's syndrome is the eponym given to a form of reactive arthritis associated with with the classice triad of conjuntivitis, urethritis, and inflammatory arthritis. Although in popular use, the term Reiter's syndrome has become clouded, not only...
- The nuclear Î³-H2AX apoptotic ring: implications for cancers and autoimmune diseases. Solier, Stéphanie; Pommier, Yves // Cellular & Molecular Life Sciences;Jun2014, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p2289
Apoptosis is a fundamental process for metazoan development. It is also relevant to the pathophysiology of immune diseases and cancers and to the outcome of cancer chemotherapies, as well as being a target for cancer therapies. Apoptosis involves intrinsic pathways typically initiated by DNA...
- StÄ™Å¼enie interleukiny 12 oraz interleukiny 18 u chorych na Å‚ysienie plackowate -- badania wstÄ™pne. Chodorowska, Grażyna; Dąbrowska-Członka, Małgorzata; Bartosińska, Joanna; Jazienicka, Iwona; Wawrzycki, Bartłomiej; Kowal, Małgorzata // Clinical Dermatology / Dermatologia Kliniczna;2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p207
Introduction: Alopecia areata is an autoimmune hair growth disorder characterized by immunologicaly induced catagen. Certain Th1 type cytokines play an important role in disease development such as: IL-1Î², IL-2, IFN-Î³, TNF-Î±. There is an evidence that IL-12 and IL-18 can be involved in...
- CITATIONS AND CLINICIANS' NOTES: ANTIPHOSHOLIPID SYNDROME. // Current Medical Literature: Rheumatology;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p19
Presents citations and clinician's notes on antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). Analysis on APS and asymptomatic carriers of antiphospholipid antibody; Outcome of APS nephropathy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid antibodies; Usefulness of nailfold...