Orange County trial delayed by new charge
- S&P settles for a song. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p1
Reports on Orange County, California's settlement of its lawsuit against Standard & Poor's Corp. as the county concluded litigation surrounding its bankruptcy. Overview of the case; Terms of the settlement agreement; Amount recovered by the county from its litigation efforts.
- Collective sigh of relief heard after Orange County drops S&P lawsuit. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p35
Reports on the withdrawal of the lawsuit filed by Orange County, California, against Standard & Poor's Corp. in connection with the county's 1994 bankruptcy. Comments from municipal market participants on the move; Issues about the investment suitability of repurchase agreements and...
- Orange County set to fight decision barring part of S&P suit. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p36
Reports that the California-based Orange County plans to appeal United States District Court Judge Gary L. Taylor's ruling denying the county the right to sue Standard and Poor's for professional negligence and breach of contract. Case background; Details of the county's allegations against the...
- Court rejects another charge against S&P. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30654, p36
Reports on the decision of the Ninth District Court of Appeals to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Orange County, California against Standard & Poor's Corp. to challenge an unfavorable credit rating on the county.
- College District blocks possible Orange County settlement. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p5
Presents information on an agreement Orange County, California has reached with its former bond counsel to settle a lawsuit holding the law firm partly responsible for the county's historic 1994 bankruptcy. How and when the proposed settlement was reached; Why North Orange County Community...
- Orange County near agreement. // Business Insurance;4/22/96, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p142
Comments on the impact of an alleged agreement between a group of California government entities and Orange County. Details of the lawsuit filed by the government units; Comment about the collapse of the Orange County Investment Pool; Terms of the agreement; Information on proceedings initiated...
- Orange County, Calif., bankruptcy saga ends; charges against last official are dismissed. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p8
Reports on the end to the criminal investigation of public officials involved in the historic 1994 bankruptcy of Orange County, California. Details on Los Angeles Superior Court Judge John W. Ouderkirk's dismissal of the case against Auditor-Controller Steven E. Lewis; Contents of a 17-page...
- Judge orders release of court transcripts in Merrill Lynch case. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports that a judge ordered the release transcripts related to the criminal investigation of Merrill Lynch and Co.'s role in the Orange County, California bankruptcy. Merrill Lynch's plan to challenge the judge's ruling; Details of the civil fraud lawsuit filed against Merrill by Orange County.
- Court ruling may have pivotal affect on Orange County. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p4
Examines the possible effects of a court ruling on Orange County, California's chances of recovering derivatives losses brought about by the actions of Fuji Securities Inc. Claim that Fuji's transactions with former county treasurer Robert L. Citron violated California laws; Names of finance...