In utility turf war, co-ops want bill to keep some munis out
- California questions need for health agency's debt cap. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30463, p3
Focuses on the bill being considered by state lawmakers aimed at removing the debt cap set in tax-exempt bonds issued by the California Health Facilities Financing Authority. Terms of the bill; Officials' assessment of the demands for bonds; Arguments for and against the bill; Provisions under...
- Ill feelings directed at the electric utilities. Morgan, Dennis G. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/11/95, Vol. 196 Issue 15, p8
Relates an experience with a Rural Electric Cooperative Association (REA) in Havre, Montana as an example of unfair competition. Offer of the REA of incentives to prevent loss of revenues; Greed of the utility to sell more electricity.
- Director competencies for the 21st century: A guide for new members of the board. Boudreaux, Greg // Management Quarterly;Winter97, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p32
Explains the need to increase job competencies of members of the board of directors at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA). Relevance of the issue to the competitiveness of the electrification industry; Description of the ideal qualities of NRECA board members.
- NRECA 2008 CALENDAR. // Management Quarterly;Fall2007, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p52
This section presents a schedule of events concerning the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association in 2008, including the Touchstone Energy NET Conference in Hilton Head, South Carolina, the TechAdvantage Conference & Expo in Anaheim, California, and the Human resource Conference in...
- Co-ops understand and enhance power of community. Padalino, John // Rural Cooperatives;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p2
An excerpt related to the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association in New Orleans, Louisiana is presented.
- Parting SHOT. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul2011, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p64P
Photographs of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) International Foundation personnel working on an electric infrastructure are presented.
- Entertainment's false promises. Utt, Ronald D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/26/98, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p4
Opinion. Comments on the need for tax policy makers to evaluate carefully entertainment-related infrastructure projects in the United States. Introduction of a Senate bill prohibiting communities from issuing tax-exempt bonds to finance construction of sports facilities; Maryland's megaplex...
- Health care reform creates opportunities and challenges. Horn, Brenda S.; Melliere, Michael J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/18/93, Vol. 14 Issue 29, The Law Journal p26
Discusses the impact of President Bill Clinton's proposed health care reform package on issuers of tax-exempt bonds. Debt ratings; Integrated delivery systems; Need for flexibility; Financing reform proposals; Tax-exempt financing.
- Bill to Ease Tax-Exempt Housing Bond Issuance Introduced in Senate. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31111, p4
Focuses on the legislation introduced in the United States Senate that would ease some restrictions in the tax code on tax-exempt housing bonds. Potential impact of the legislation on the issuance of single-family mortgage revenue bonds; Key provisions of the bill.