Capital Re remains steady in 1st quarter
- Capital re income slips from 1998. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30777, p38
Reports on Capital Re Corp.'s net income in the third quarter of 1999.
- Cap re profit dip blamed on AHERF. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p32
Reports on the drop in Capital Re Corp.'s net earnings as a result of its losses from the bankruptcy of the Delaware Valley Obligated Group unit of the Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF). Net operating income posted for the third quarter of 1998; Loss reserve from...
- Moody's puts Cap Re on review for downgrade. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30316, p39
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's ratings for the claims-paying ability of Capital Re Corp. as of January 23, 1998.
- Capital Re jumps by 14% in 4th quarter. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30325, p35
Reports on the increase in Capital Re Corp.'s net income in the fourth quarter of 1997.
- Capital Re's income rises in 2d quarter. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p39
Focuses on the growth of Capital Re Corp.'s earnings for the second quarter of 1998. Gains reflecting a surge in the market demand for bond insurance; Bond insurers on which the company's earnings depend.
- At Capital Re Corp., bond reinsurance has moved far beyond municipals. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;08/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30449, p25
Reports on Capital Re Corp.'s evolving role in the bond reinsurance business in the United States. Pressures on primary market municipal bond issuers to diversify beyond municipal bonds; Competition in the business; Plans for the firm by chief executive officer Michael Satz.
- Cap Re replaces president and CEO in response to possible major losses. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;12/11/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30538, p5
Reports on the appointment of Jerome Jurschak as chairman and chief executive officer of Capital Re Corp. Appointment of Joseph Swain as president and chief operating officer; Major financial losses of the company.
- Information in brief. // Business Insurance;03/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p35
Announces ACE Bermuda Insurance Ltd.'s agreement to invest in financial guarantee reinsurer Capital Re Corp. through a common stock purchase.
- Capital Re to merge with ACE. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;05/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30651, p1
Reports on reinsurance firm Capital Re Corp.'s merger with Bermuda-based specialty insurer ACE Ltd. Value of the merger; Effects of the transaction to Capital's shareholders; ACE's previous investment in Capital; Rating agencies' assessment of the merger's effects to Capital's claims-paying...