Merrill takes four from Lehman; Beefing up transportation sector
- Insurance banking team exits Merrill for NationsBanc. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p7
Reports that NationsBanc Montgomery has hired away five investment bankers from Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s financial institutions practice group. Profile of bankers George Johns, Antonio Ursano, Robert Giammarco, George Luecke and Matt Malloy; Nations' allure; Role in its insurance banking effort.
- Merrill Puts CFO in Job with Wide Powers. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;11/19/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 222, p19
Reports on the appointments in Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. for the post of chief financial officer and executive vice chairman for finance and administration on November 18, 2002. Responsibilities conferred to the chief financial officer; Work experience of the executive vice chairman; Schedule...
- Who won, who lost in Merrill's FIG shuffle is a matter of debate. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/02/99, Vol. 65 Issue 31, p3
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s objective in promoting Herbert Lurie without making him manage any bankers. Problems with Merrill's financial institutions group (FIG); Conflict between Lurie and Louis Wolfe, formerly co-head of the FIG group; Defection of FIG members to other investment...
- Merrill exec shares risk. Luhby, Tami // Crain's New York Business;11/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p19
Profiles William Egan, head of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s insurance investment banking group. Career history; Achievements; Responsibilities in the company.
- Liff Joins Merrill From Prudential. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p7
Reports on the hiring of Mark Liff as director at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Tech takes stat turn at Merrill. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;01/31/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the election of John McKinley Jr. as one of seven executive vice presidents of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Election as a reflection of the company's commitment to technology and its satisfaction with its online initiatives; Accomplishments of the company's technology unit; McKinley's...
- Merrill adds pair of LBO bankers from CSFB, MSDW. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/02/98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p9
Reports that two senior bankers were hired by Merrill Lynch as managing directors in an effort to drawback more business from the cash-flush leveraged buyout community. Reference to Harry Crosby of Credit Suisse First Boston and Eugene Miao of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter joining the financial...
- Merrill snags high-yield official from Solly SB. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/08/98, Vol. 64 Issue 23, p10
Focuses on the appointment of John Hagerty as a managing director in United States high-yield capital markets by the Merrill Lynch Company. Responsibilites of Hagerty; Comments made by Jack Mann, a managing director who heads high-yield capital markets at Merrill; Background information on Hagerty.
- Merrill reclaims telecom analysts poached by Cowen. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/03/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p7
Reports the rehiring of departed members by the Merrill Lynch & Co. in the United States. Implications for the telecom research team of the company; Analyst Megan Kulick as head of the research team; List of the company telecom research team members.