MSRB stresses timely disclosure on refunded bonds
- IRS Auditing Nevada School District's Advance Refunding Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34392, p1
The Internal Revenue Service is auditing $473.05 million of general obligation refunding bonds issued by Nevada's Clark County School District in 2007.
- IRS Closes Audit of $21.13 Million of Texas Authority's Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;1/14/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34043, p1
The article reports on the closing of an audit of 21.13 million U.S. dollars of tax-exempt contract revenue refunding bonds issued by the Canyon Regional Water Authority in Texas in 2006 by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with no change to the bonds' tax-exempt status. The result of the...
- New Mexico Deal Raises Eyebrows. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;9/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34171, p1
The article reports on concerns raised by market participants on the role of RBC Capital Markets Corp. in underwriting the gas supply revenue refunding bonds for the New Mexico Municipal Energy Acquisition Authority (NMMEAA). Topics include possibility of violation of the Municipal Securities...
- Market Post: Shifting Focus to Next Week's Calendar. Weitzman, Aaron; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;2/17/2015, p1
The municipal bond market is all but dead Friday, following a very quiet Thursday, with many desks short-staffed before the holiday, as focus shifts to next week's new issue calendar.
- Bondholders Get 40% Offer for Texas Jail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F338, p1
Bondholders would get 40 cents on the dollar for $23 million of bonds outstanding for a detention facility in South Texas that defaulted on its debt, according to a notice on the Municipals Securities Rulemaking Board's EMMA Web site.
- Wisconsin to Refund GOs Next Year with JPMorgan Loan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/19/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34062, p1
The article offers information on the agreement between Wisconsin and asset management company JP Morgan for preservation of the tax-exemption of the general obligation refunding bonds. Topics discussed were refunding of 278 million U.S. dollars of debt in 2015, intention to refund the bonds in...
- Market Post: Munis Going Out Strong. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/2/2015, Issue F301, p1
The municipal bond market was ending the year on a strong note. On Wednesday, the market has an early close ahead of the full close on Thursday for the New Year's holiday. Full-day trading will resume on Friday.
- New Muni Offerings Set for Sale. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;4/8/4015, p1
The municipal bond market is ready to absorb the first of the week's new issues, starting with deals from Tennessee and New York.
- Market Post: Pin-Drop Quiet Ahead of the Holiday. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/25/2014, Issue F349, p1
The municipal bond market on Wednesday was in full holiday mode ahead of the early market close and the full close on Christmas Day. Not much is expected in the way of activity on Friday either.