IRS checks D.C. health deal for tax code violations
- IRS Rules $48M of Fargo Bonds Taxable . Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p1
The article presents information on the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which states that $47.8 million of advance refunding bonds issued in 1997 by Fargo, North Dakota, are taxable because the deal used an abusive yield-burning strategy. The IRS has determined that the bonds...
- State and local bond closing agreements. // Practical Accountant;Mar97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p21
Presents the issuance by the US Internal Revenue Service of a program under which state or local bonds issuer may request a closing agreement for outstanding bonds.
- IRS Issues Determination on Jefferson Parish, La., Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p4
The article focuses on the decision of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) concerning the refunding bonds of Jefferson Parish in Louisiana. The IRS has taken the first step on declaring the Series 1997 refunding bonds taxable because bond proceeds were invested in an allegedly overpriced forward...
- IRS: Chicago Park District Deal Taxable. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p1
Reports on a preliminary determination of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that several million dollars in advance refunding bonds issued by the Park District of Chicago, Illinois should be declared taxable. Reasons for the determination issued in a policy on December 6, 2002; Key...
- Alternative yield-burning approach would exempt 75% of early '90s deals. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p1
Reports that advance bond refundings in the United States between 1990 and 1995 are not subject to enforcement action by federal regulators for yield-burning abuses. Alternative to the US Internal Revenue Service's revenue procedure; Effort by groups to reach consensus on set of factors that...
- IRS looking into D.C. deal for possible yield burning. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30388, p1
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is investigating whether yield burning occurred in a 1994 District of Columbia refunding bond issue. Presentation of IRS' employee plans and exempt organization division in the southeast region's group manager Charles Anderson; Yield burning...
- IRS Asking 300 About Advance Refundings, Post-Issuance Compliance. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p5
The article informs that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is asking around 300 issuers about their advance refunding procedures and post-insurance compliance through questionnaires.
- IRS Probes $250M of Denver School BABs, Claims Routine Investigation. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/10/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33447, p5
The article reports on the audit made by the Internal Revenue Service on the 250 million dollar of Build America Bonds (BABs) issued by Denver School District No. 1 in December 2009 as part of a 318.02 million dollar transaction that included two series of tax-exempt refunding bonds.
- IRS Asks San Diego About $15.3M Refunding in '03. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p4
The article reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has asked San Diego to supply documents related to a lease-revenue refunding deal in 2003. The city filed a copy of the request with the nationally recognized municipal securities information repositories. The IRS...