Texas school district's turmoil apparent in firings, rehirings
- TEXAS: Humble Appeal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p27
Reports on the election held in February 9, 2002 by the Humble Independent School District in Texas to win bond authorization. Estimated amount of bond authorization; Features of the bond authorization package.
- L.A. College District Under Fire for Misuse of Bond Funds. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;8/15/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33565, p36
The article reports on the state audit conducted by the office of Controller John Chiang regarding the misuse of bond funds at the Los Angeles Community College District in California.
- AISD to consider $1.5 million gymnasium bond. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p1
The article announces the plan of Aquilla Independent School District (ISD) in Texas to hold an early voting for its 1.5 billion dollars bond fund election to be held on November 2, 2010.
- Texas: Raising the Roof. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p27
Reports on the approval of general obligation bond issue for the Boerne Independent School District in Texas. Estimated amount of bond funds issued for the school district; Necessity for the issue of bond funds to the school district.
- Two Illinois School Districts Ready Sales, Including Swaption. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p34
Reports the plan of two Illinois financial school districts to use bond-related financing including a swaption. Provision of funds to shore up budget shortfalls; Execution of swaption; Clarification of swaption legislation to make transactions.
- Sealed Bids Invited . the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p16
Reports on sealed bids for bond issues from various school districts and corporations in the U.S. as of December 10, 2001. Estimated amount of sealed bids for bond funds; Dates for the submission of sealed bids; Other details related to sealed bids.
- Troubled Texas School District Seeks Approval for $68M Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p3
Reports that Wilmer-Hutchins Independent School District in south Dallas, Texas is seeking approval for a multi-million dollar bond package at a special election on September 18, 2004. Total value of the bond package; Examination of the finances of the school district by the Texas Department of...
- Pennsylvania District Drops Call Plans. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p1
Reports on the cancellation of Area School District to call matured bonds in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Refusal of the district to challenge the written opinion of the municipal securities chief; Fraud law violation of the planned bond call; Statement regarding the bond call by firm partner...
- Buffalo Oversight Agency to Sell $27M for City, School Needs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p4
The article reports that Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority (BFSA) will sell about 27 million of tax-exempt, fixed-rate bonds to help New York City's school district fund general capital projects. According to BFSA chief financial officer Bertha Mitchell, Lehman Brothers plans to price the debt....