2 Catholic hospital systems plan merger
- Breaking up is hard to do. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;3/15/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the decision of Christ Hospital in Jersey City, New Jersey to disengage itself from Bon Secours Health System and St. Mary Hospital in Hoboken, New Jersey. Background on the merger of Bon Secours and Canterbury Health System; Failure of Bon Secours to provide accurate information...
- National Catholic group acquires local hospitals. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p21
Reports on Marriottsville, Maryland-based Bon Secours Health Systems Inc.'s acquisition of Albany, New York-based Franciscan Health Partnership Inc. Terms of the agreement; Compatibility of the two companies; Additions to Bon Secours' health facilities after the acquisition.
- News at deadline. // Modern Healthcare;01/03/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p4
Presents news briefs on the health care companies in the United States (US) as of January 3, 2000. Decision of the 6th US Circuit Court of Appeals on American Hospital Association's lawsuit against the government's ongoing investigation of how hospitals bill Medicare for outpatient laboratory...
- Maryland's Bon Secours Health System To Sell Its Detroit-Area Hospitals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32631, p3
The article reports on the announcement made by Maryland-based Bon Secours Health System Inc. that the Bon Secours Hospital and its nursing facilities in Michigan was already sold to Beaumont Hospitals. The deal was made possible by a letter of intent agreement signed between the two systems....
- A passion for excellence. Fabrizius, Michael P. // Internal Auditor;Oct97, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the author's visions and goals as vice president of Internal audit at Bon Secours Health System, Incorporated, a not-for-profit organization. Organizational values relevant to the internal auditing; Requirements for creating an environment for excellence; Key issue for internal...
- Blessed with a healthy bottom line. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;01/22/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the stable profitable status of Bon Secours Health System company, a Catholic system, despite the decline of non-for-profit systems in the United States. Catholic health care systems which struggled in the year 2000; How Bon Secours accomplished stable profitability status.
- Bon Secours plans to move VA. hospital. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;07/12/99, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p18
Deals with the plans of Bon Secours Health System to relocate one its Bon Secours-Stuart Circle Hospital from Richmond to Midlothian in Chesterfield County, Virginia. Objective of the plans; Reason behind the plan; Advantages of the plan; Comments from James Goss, spokesman for Bon Secours;...
- Community Redevelopment. Allen II, Percy // Healthcare Executive;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on community health improvement efforts of the Bon Secours Baltimore Health System, a non-profit urban health system founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Bon Secours. Bon Secours Baltimore's vision for community health; Operation ReachOut, a comprehensive and multidimensional...
- Pa. hospital, Bon Secours agree to merger. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;7/01/96, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p18
Reports on the full asset merger between Bon Secours Health System and the Mercy Regional Health System, a Catholic hospital in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Transfer of Mercy's assets to Bon Secours worth $50 million; Retention of the Catholic institution status of Mercy.