Shorter calls on the rise
- IRS Investigates Remarketing Of Colorado Nursing Home Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p1
Reports the bond remarketing investigation of a nursing home by the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Determination of the bond remarketing process; Prevalence of possible violation of the IRS Revenue Ruling 94-42; Doubt over profits gained from bond defeasance.
- Wisconsin Investment Board Returns Nursing Home Bonds to Heartland. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31483, p7
Focuses on the municipal bond deals purchased by the Wisconsin Investment Board. Filing of audited financial statements; Mutual funds and private accounts used in health care; Decision of the investment board to return nursing home bonds to the region.
- New Jersey nursing home offers to buy back its bonds at face value. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30467, p3
Reports on New Jersey nursing home Lakewood of Voorhees' offer to buy back subordinated income bonds at 100% of the principal amount, but without payment of accrued interest. Issuance of the bonds through the New Jersey Economic Development Authority; Structure of the original deal; Nursing...
- Middlesex County, N.J., Considers Bonds for Nursing Home. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p44
Reports that Middlesex County, New Jersey officials is planning to issue bonds to finance a proposed nursing home to replace the Roosevelt Care Center in Edison. Total value of bonds to be issued by the local government to finance the project; Credit rating of the county; Risks associated with...
- Research digest. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p7
Analyzes the market performance of intermediate bonds and nursing home spreads in the United States, as of July 21, 1999. Municipal yield curve; Predicted dissipation of turmoil in the intermediate sector; Widening of spreads between non-rated continuing-care retirement communities and nursing...
- U.K. nursing home sale leaseback transactions age gracefully. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p18
The article reports on the upgrade done on the junior bonds of two leaseback nursing home securitizations by Fitch Ratings in Great Britain. The bonds, U.K Care No.1 and PHF 1 Securities No.1, has been cited for its positive performance. Care reported improved cover ratios and greater cushion in...
- Massachusetts. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p28
Reports that the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency has sold four revenue bond issues to fund renovations and construction for residential facilities for the elderly. Issue for Hingham Assisted Living; Issue for Jewish Geriatric Services Inc.; Bond issues for Commonwealth Laurel Lake...
- Investors Will Decide Fate in April Of Birmingham, Ala., Nursing Home. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p3
Reports on the failure of the owners of a retirement center and a nursing home in Alabama to make payments on outstanding high-risk bonds. Structure of the bonds authorized by the Birmingham Historical Preservation Authority; Guarantee of the bonds.
- Letters to the Editor. Humble, Douglas; Davis, Jill Sonza; Woolverton, Gary // Malakoff News (TX);5/14/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 20, p4A
Several letters to the editor are presented including one on the National Nursing Home week, another on the Cedar Creek Lake Car Show & Kiwanis Krawfish Boil, and on the proposed school bond election in Malakoff, Texas.