Getting Staff to Come Clean
- Visible coldroom contents. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/15/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4429, p43
The article evaluates several food service equipment from Caravell UK including a range of quick-assembly modular coldrooms and offers information on product features and costs.
- No forced hygiene ratings. Harrington, John; Jo Bruce // Publican's Morning Advertiser;4/7/2011, Issue 1, p29
The article reports on the failure of the attempt by British Hospitality Association (BHA) and the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) to establish hygiene ratings compulsory for food businesses in London, England.
- Chapter 8: Compliance and Enforcement. // FDA Food Code 2005;2005, p189
The article offers information on the food code 1-102.10, enforced by regulatory authorities in the U.S. to ensure unadulterated and safe food. Topics discussed include assessment of food service equipment and sanitation facilities by authorities before enforcing the code, imposement of...
- European concepts to adopt in the US. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p63
Reports that at the foodservice exhibitions in the United States, European cooking suites on display attracted considerable attention. Less-conspicuous products and concepts in Europe that if adopted in North America could have far more significant consequences; Most important component of...
- Hygiene audit. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p219
A definition of the term "hygiene audit" is presented. It refers to a systematic critical examination of a food business's hygiene procedures with the principal objective of minimising loss.
- Oh, no! The health inspector is coming! Fabian, Nelson // Journal of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug1993, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p4
Editorial. Stresses the need for food inspectors to treat the food industry as a customer and take the initiative to teach, counsel and train food managers. Flaws of the traditional method of food inspection; Getting the operators to own the goal of providing safe food; Recommendation of the...
- Extending deadlines. // NZ Business;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the food manufacturers' and producers' delay is submitting food products to health authorities for inspection in New Zealand. Extension on deadlines for inspection granted by the government.
- Under close OBSERVATION. Watson, Kathy // Food Manufacture;May2002, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on the factors compelling reluctance of food manufacturers to invest in new inspection systems in Great Britain. Reference to the on-line inspection; Sophistication of the inspection systems; Importance of a legislative action.
- Buda's Palmar below par. HILSENBECK, KIM // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);3/20/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 51, p1D
The article reports on the ratings of business establishments in the food service industry following a food inspection in Hays County and Kyle, Texas.