Middlebury makes it work
- Middlebury foodcourt sets sights on $1.5 million sales. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p20
Takes a look at the foodcourt which opened in Vermont's Middlebury College's McCullough Hall in June 1998. Expected sales generation of the foodcourt; Description of the multi-theme foodcourt; Menu features; Beverage offerings; Location and business hours.
- Fighting The Dish. McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;8/15/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the work of Boston College dining-services director Helen Wechsler, who designed myth-busting cards for freshman dispelling rumors regarding college food. Review of how the cards will be placed at dining tables; Comments on the various rumors that circulate regarding college food from...
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY: Lunch check $6 in law school cafe. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the Tea Room in the former Bullock's Wilshire department store in Los Angeles, California is now the cafeteria for the Southwestern University School of Law. Some of the items offered at the cafeteria; Issues considered in operating the cafeteria; Reward for ten visits to the...
- FLEXIBILITY, TAKE-OUT KEY: CORNELL BOOSTS MEAL PLAN MKTG., OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the meal plans of the Cornell University in Ithaca, New York state. Why the university decided to hire a consultant in its food service operation; Students who participated in the research stage; Cost of the plans.
- IT'S IN THE DRINK. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the trends in food service at various colleges and universities in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Food category with the largest portion of sales.
- ORDERING FOOD AT KIOSKS: Tampa students get in touch. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the popularity of Grill Online, a touch-screen kiosk food ordering system at the University of Tampa's Spartan Club in Florida as of February 15, 2003. Weekly sales at Grill Online; Features of Grill Online; Variety of food being offered at the kiosk.